The Student Room Group

a level results uncertainty

I fear my grade changing. Hi so I got my a level results of A* A B yesterday. The grades are close to what i was expecting so i was really happy but after going home and watching all the videos of other people getting messed around and with this whole year being a mess I have a lot of anxiety that my grades may change even after results day or my eyes were playing a trick when I opened the email. I forwarded my results email to my mum to read cause I genuinely thought I was reading them wrong. the anxiety is building up and is even higher after I phoned AQA today asking if I could just hear a confirmation of my results on the phone. they said they couldnt do this and my results should stay the same. but he also called them provisional till i got my certificates. a level grades dont change after results day right? and how likely is it that my college may have made a typo when giving my results.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by hhamadaman
I fear my grade changing. Hi so I got my a level results of A* A B yesterday. The grades are close to what i was expecting so i was really happy but after going home and watching all the videos of other people getting messed around and with this whole year being a mess I have a lot of anxiety that my grades may change even after results day or my eyes were playing a trick when I opened the email. I forwarded my results email to my mum to read cause I genuinely thought I was reading them wrong. the anxiety is building up and is even higher after I phoned AQA today asking if I could just hear a confirmation of my results on the phone. they said they couldnt do this and my results should stay the same. but he also called them provisional till i got my certificates. a level grades dont change after results day right? and how likely is it that my college may have made a typo when giving my results.

No one who is appealing's grade is going down so I doubt that yours would go down or that your college has made a typo :smile:
In theory,

Yes - until you get your certificates your grades are "provisional". This is general practice incase any evidence of cheating or malpractice comes forward.

That being said, it is an almost zero chance that your grades would change in any way. Your college has likely imported the results rather than manually inputting the grades depending on the MIS they use and in that case a typo would not be a problem.

I would not worry about this, your grades will not go down.

Quick Reply

Latest