?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How can you achieve a grade 6 in English literature
CalypsoXenoo
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It’s easy I did 2 hrs of revision for it and I got grade 6 was close to 7. I used these channels mr bruff and Stacey reay
foreverrocking
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Wow thats so good.I really need a grade 7 any tips as well please
CalypsoXenoo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by foreverrocking)
Wow thats so good.I really need a grade 7 any tips as well please
Haha it’s an all right grade but thanks wouldvebeen nice to get a 7 but I barely put any effort in so what did I expect lol? To be honest with you I don’t know how I got a grade 6 I only did 1 paragraph for a 20+ marker question I think it was and my paragraph was only like 3 lines long and I rushed a poetry question in the last 5 minutes. On the contrary I put in the most effort out of all my gcsesinto maths and I got a 6 which makes no sense because English was my worst subject, I revised for it on the last day and yet maths was my favourite ( not that I was good at it) and I put a few weeks worth of revision into maths and i also got a 6 in that. I think i got really lucky for english, I don’t think it got marked wrong because I got a 6 in language as well.

I dontreally know what tips to give u since i barely did any revision but check out those channels I told you about and go through as many past papers are possible. Past papers are the BEST way of revision for any subject and youllnotice your teachers will give u practice questions in class rather than telling you to memorize stuff because past papers are the best revision method. Obviously you need to memorise quotes and stuff so do that but research the best quotes (the ones you can say the most good stuff about) and learn those quotes as well as their analysis ( which the youtube channel Stacey reay will have done for you so you just need to memorize it)

And i know teachers always tell you to read and it might sound useless and annoying but reading actually makes you smarter if you can read 15-30 mins a day itsgood . I don’t know if you like reading but if you do then it should be easy for you but if you dont like me (I hated reading) it’s much harder so dont force yourself though I’d reccomend the harry potter series even I love reading that and im alright with reading now. I think reading overtime makes you write better and your writing flows more. But if u don’t wanna read in ur spare time it’s okay you can still get a 7. GCSEs aren’t even hard they’re just time consuming . I guess it depends on how smart you are but imnot even smart im average and even I can say theyre not hard they just consist of a bunch of memorising. The smarter you are the easier you will find gcses but if youre not smart or anything you can still get grade A’s if you do a bunch of past papers. It’s really not that hard just time consuming. Good luck
Purplemonkeys
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by nousaibaneffati)
How can you achieve a grade 6 in English literature
Hi! I did my English Literature GCSE last year in Year 10, a year early, and obtained a grade 9 so I'm more than happy to give you advice on how to get any grade you want in English Literature. It's about knowing your quotes and how to use subject specific terminology, such as 'pathetic fallacy' or 'allegory' to help you to go deeper on something, as you already know. Mindmaps of the connotations that quotes have really help, or even picking out a solitary word and doing that. Writing practice essays helps, too.

If you need any nore advice, feel free to message me.
Best of luck,
L x
CalypsoXenoo
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Purplemonkeys)
Hi! I did my English Literature GCSE last year in Year 10, a year early, and obtained a grade 9 so I'm more than happy to give you advice on how to get any grade you want in English Literature. It's about knowing your quotes and how to use subject specific terminology, such as 'pathetic fallacy' or 'allegory' to help you to go deeper on something, as you already know. Mindmaps of the connotations that quotes have really help, or even picking out a solitary word and doing that. Writing practice essays helps, too.

If you need any nore advice, feel free to message me.
Best of luck,
L x
You should take this guys advice more than me s(he) got a grade 9 I only got a 6
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (31)
25.41%
Less motivated (91)
74.59%

Watched Threads