samynemouchi
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I received offers from Kent and Aston uni to study economics through clearing and I cannot decide between the two; which of the unis stands out more? Which has a better reputation?
StDave
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Don't know about Aston to but the Bank of England and the Government Economic Service both do their Economic degree apprenticeships through Kent.

That indicates Kent is pretty well respected, with good contacts.
mike23mike
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by samynemouchi)
I received offers from Kent and Aston uni to study economics through clearing and I cannot decide between the two; which of the unis stands out more? Which has a better reputation?
Both are good unis but Aston has the better Economics degree. Its ranked 17th and Kent is ranked 45th. The two unis have very different settings. Aston is in Birmingham and very much a city centre uni - next to Birmingham City Uni so there is a great buzz. Kent is set in a lovely campus setting but still a lively setting.
V℮rsions
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by StDave)
Don't know about Aston to but the Bank of England and the Government Economic Service both do their Economic degree apprenticeships through Kent.

That indicates Kent is pretty well respected, with good contacts.
Explains a lot on the Governments end...
StDave
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by 2_versions)
Explains a lot on the Governments end...
Elaborate please. Even in jest you can't blame this omnishambles of an Oxford dominated government on either the University of Kent, or a few Civil Service trainees!
Last edited by StDave; 2 months ago
Aston University
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by samynemouchi)
Hi there,

When deciding on a university people normally consider a couple of factors such as student life and quality of the degree.

Aston's close proximity to the Birmingham city centre, the intimate nature of the campus and the small student size all promise an excellent student life and experience. Aston is ranked top 20 in the UK for Economics (Guardian University Guide, 2020) and 1st in the UK for added value (Guardian, 2020). Aston economics graduates are also some of the most employable in the UK.

I hope this has helped

*Ethel
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (145)
14.38%
I'm not sure (43)
4.27%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (302)
29.96%
I have already dropped out (26)
2.58%
I'm not a current university student (492)
48.81%

Watched Threads