The Student Room Group

I missed my firm. Can I appeal to get my Centre Assessed Grades?

Hey guys. I emailed my school and found out my Centre Assessed Grades and it turns out that my teachers gave me AAA !

If that had stood, then I would’ve been accepted into my firm choice but the government downgraded it to an AAB. All I need is that B to turn into an A and I would get a place at my Firm choice.

I was wondering if I have the right to appeal this? If so, would you say it’s likely for it to be overturned?
you can appeal if your mock for that subject was higher than your awarded grade - so the mock would need to be an A
Original post by szabr
Hey guys. I emailed my school and found out my Centre Assessed Grades and it turns out that my teachers gave me AAA !

If that had stood, then I would’ve been accepted into my firm choice but the government downgraded it to an AAB. All I need is that B to turn into an A and I would get a place at my Firm choice.

I was wondering if I have the right to appeal this? If so, would you say it’s likely for it to be overturned?

Speak to your school and tell them you want to appeal and you need to speak to your firm ASAP to see if they would hold the place but bare in mind there's a chance the appeal might not come back quickly enough.
Original post by szabr

If your mock result in the subject was higher than your final awarded grade then you have a right to appeal and it’s quite likely that you will end up with your mock result
What are you mock results? I don’t think you can use CAG grades for appeals
Reply 5
Original post by cherryxberry
What are you mock results? I don’t think you can use CAG grades for appeals

ah really? My mocks weren’t so good, they were BBC, the B coming in the subject that I ended up getting a B in 😅
Original post by szabr
ah really? My mocks weren’t so good, they were BBC, the B coming in the subject that I ended up getting a B in 😅

aww that’s sucks, we were told mock grades had to be higher than our calculated grades for an appeal, have you considered maybe taking the autumn series instead?
Reply 7
Original post by cherryxberry
aww that’s sucks, we were told mock grades had to be higher than our calculated grades for an appeal, have you considered maybe taking the autumn series instead?

i was like a couple marks of an A in the mock too, it’s tough man. I’m still in two minds on whether I should jus take my insurance or go for the autumn series so I jus gotta think about it now. thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending