The Student Room Group

Autumn vs summer exams

I am taking a gap year anyway and would really like to apply with grades I already have. Anyway I am unhappy with 2 of my 3 a levels and would like to take the exams but I was thinking is it worth doing the autumn exams with the time we have left? And if I take the summer exams how would I do them if my sixth form doesn’t do resits and how would practicals work? Would I have to do the practicals again? Also where would I get my predicted grades from if I did summer exams?

To be honest I would much prefer doing autumn exams but like is it even realistic to improve by 2 grades for maths and chemistry?
Original post by Cloudiii
I am taking a gap year anyway and would really like to apply with grades I already have. Anyway I am unhappy with 2 of my 3 a levels and would like to take the exams but I was thinking is it worth doing the autumn exams with the time we have left? And if I take the summer exams how would I do them if my sixth form doesn’t do resits and how would practicals work? Would I have to do the practicals again? Also where would I get my predicted grades from if I did summer exams?

To be honest I would much prefer doing autumn exams but like is it even realistic to improve by 2 grades for maths and chemistry?

You've got 8ish weeks, if you're not having to do anything else then you've still got a decent amount of time, you'll need to check with universities if they'd consider grades if you were to wait until the summer before you make your decision really.

Quick Reply

Latest