prongs3012
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hi guys,
so i basically have to pick between two schools for sixth form and i'm really struggling! there's no real difference between the grades and performances of the schools which is making the decision harder for me!

school 1:
-already go here so i know the people and environment
- all girls and i have some friends
- people already have their 'expectations' and i'm not sure i like that
- i most likely won't have classes with my friends anyway they're all doing different subjects

school 2:
-co ed sixth form which is more reflective for uni life-
it'll be a change of environment and new teachers which might be good to make a better first impression
-have a few friends but not very close and no one i know in my lessons
-i've heard it is very intense and the environment is competitive
- it might help me improve and gain more confidence?

i'm scared of having to make new friends and have a social life if i move, but i know that sixth form is different so potentially it might be easier to meet people?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by prongs3012)
hi guys,
so i basically have to pick between two schools for sixth form and i'm really struggling! there's no real difference between the grades and performances of the schools which is making the decision harder for me!

school 1:
-already go here so i know the people and environment
- all girls and i have some friends
- people already have their 'expectations' and i'm not sure i like that
- i most likely won't have classes with my friends anyway they're all doing different subjects

school 2:
-co ed sixth form which is more reflective for uni life-
it'll be a change of environment and new teachers which might be good to make a better first impression
-have a few friends but not very close and no one i know in my lessons
-i've heard it is very intense and the environment is competitive
- it might help me improve and gain more confidence?

i'm scared of having to make new friends and have a social life if i move, but i know that sixth form is different so potentially it might be easier to meet people?
If there's no real difference in teaching between the two then i would stick with where you are.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (27)
19.42%
No (112)
80.58%

Watched Threads