MutC
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi guys, I received my A-Level grades yesterday and missed both my firm and insurance choice by one grade. I applied to UCL and Bath, Bath has offered me Robotics Engineering instead of my original choice of Mechanical Engineering.
I have a few options:

1) I could accept Robotics Engineering and start at Bath, work hard, get a first class for first year, and transfer to Mech Eng at Bath if theres space available for the second year.
2) Accept Robotics, and do it for the three years, then move to Mech Eng for a Masters Degree.
3) Take a gap year and resit exams both in October and Summer

I also applied for an appeal for my Physics grade to be bumped up and I feel I might have grounds for it, so if that is accepted I should be able to start at UCL this year. But I'm not going to put all my hope into it.

Can I get some advice on whether or not Robotics is worth going into because I want to go into a Mech Eng job in the future. Does Robotics have scope in the future? Please let me know because my deadline to decide is Monday aha lol
Student-95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
4) Apply for mech eng in clearing.
MutC
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Yeah I was thinking about this, but the unis I want to go to dont do clearing. I think im a capable student but the government shegged us over really thats why it isnt in my choices
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (10)
29.41%
Less motivated (24)
70.59%

Watched Threads