The Student Room Group

Clearing but waiting for appeal

How do I go about clearing when I only meet the entry requirements if my appeal is successful? I was put down 2 grades in psychology from an A to a C but tracked consistently at an A/A* all through year 13 so am pretty gutted about the results. I tried ringing yesterday but they said when the appeal is successful and you’ve got your proper grades then ring back about the course but surely by that time all the courses will be gone?
Original post by .amy_smithxx
How do I go about clearing when I only meet the entry requirements if my appeal is successful? I was put down 2 grades in psychology from an A to a C but tracked consistently at an A/A* all through year 13 so am pretty gutted about the results. I tried ringing yesterday but they said when the appeal is successful and you’ve got your proper grades then ring back about the course but surely by that time all the courses will be gone?

yes I'm afraid the appeal probably won't come back in time, have you double checked there's no other courses or foundation years you could do or would you rather do the October or summer exams and take a gap year if needs be?
Original post by claireestelle
yes I'm afraid the appeal probably won't come back in time, have you double checked there's no other courses or foundation years you could do or would you rather do the October or summer exams and take a gap year if needs be?

I’ve been thinking about sitting the October resits but I just don’t know what to do at all x
I’ve been thinking about sitting the October resits but I just don’t know what to do at all x

If it's the only university you see yourself happy at and then say they would accept grades from October resits then I would say enter in those and you can always cancel it if your appeal came back positively.
If it's the only university you see yourself happy at and then say they would accept grades from October resits then I would say enter in those and you can always cancel it if your appeal came back positively.

True I knew there was a chance of me not getting in but just can’t believe how low my grades were and with the grades I’ve got at the minute I don’t think I’d get onto anything anyway x
True I knew there was a chance of me not getting in but just can’t believe how low my grades were and with the grades I’ve got at the minute I don’t think I’d get onto anything anyway x

Definitely check Clearing! There are lots of options - you can filter by subject and UCAS points :smile:

what were your grades?
Original post by Interrobang
Definitely check Clearing! There are lots of options - you can filter by subject and UCAS points :smile:

Thankyou I’ll make sure to have a look through x

what were your grades?

BCC but it was sent off as ABC x
Thankyou I’ll make sure to have a look through x

BCC but it was sent off as ABC x

there'll be options for you with those grades still in clearing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending