SirFreb
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So my firm choice is Queen Mary and i got it yesterday but since I did better in my A-Levels I thought it would go through adjustment. So i was interested in both LSE and CASS since they are both really good business schools. LSE was completely full but CASS offered me a space through adjustment. Now here is my dilemma, CASS is meant for accounting and finance and after they recently got donated a new building they have climbed up the ranks quite a lot and are on track to be just as good as LSE in the next coming years. I even got accepted for the placement year at CASS. I get more exemptions at CASS than at Queen Mary and the placement year is really good. So is Queen Mary a better option because it is a Russel Group Uni or is CASS because it is meant for Accounting and Finance. I am just worried that CASS hasn't fully built up a reputation and that having a first class from Queen Mary would be better than having a first class from CASS.

Thank you so much for your help
ajj2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by SirFreb)
So my firm choice is Queen Mary and i got it yesterday but since I did better in my A-Levels I thought it would go through adjustment. So i was interested in both LSE and CASS since they are both really good business schools. LSE was completely full but CASS offered me a space through adjustment. Now here is my dilemma, CASS is meant for accounting and finance and after they recently got donated a new building they have climbed up the ranks quite a lot and are on track to be just as good as LSE in the next coming years. I even got accepted for the placement year at CASS. I get more exemptions at CASS than at Queen Mary and the placement year is really good. So is Queen Mary a better option because it is a Russel Group Uni or is CASS because it is meant for Accounting and Finance. I am just worried that CASS hasn't fully built up a reputation and that having a first class from Queen Mary would be better than having a first class from CASS.

Thank you so much for your help
CASS is pretty well known - more for postgrad than undergrad admittedly. How many ACCA exemptions do you get from each? From recollection LQM was not the greatest for maximising exemptions. Has LQM started offering a supported year in industry?
fuhnance
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
QMUL has an good reputation but it is not known for its standard of finance and business teaching. Cass has an excellent reputation in business and finance. If you want to go into finance then what reputation the uni has outside the field of finance doesn't matter. Russel group isn't that important in this area. some of the best finance/maths/business unis aren't members: Strathclyde, Bath, Lancaster etc. I would choose Cass over qmul. Also with regards to Cass having built up a reputation its an IB semi-target along with the likes of Durham, Bristol and KCL. So it definitely has a very strong reputation.
Aamirza
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do you think it's possible the reputation of cass business school could be tarnished due to the fact they are changing the name. This is has caused a huge amount of uproar amongst current students and alumni
fuhnance
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Aamirza)
Do you think it's possible the reputation of cass business school could be tarnished due to the fact they are changing the name. This is has caused a huge amount of uproar amongst current students and alumni
possibly, I haven't been following it closely however I understand people aren't happy with it having city In the name so they'll likely change that. Ultimately whatever the new name is you could always put 'Formerly Cass Business School' next to the new name on the cv. All finance HR departments will know about the name change and the rankings won't change, I'm sure it'll grow into its new name.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (20)
14.08%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.63%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
4.93%
I need help with my personal statement (58)
40.85%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (36)
25.35%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.11%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (10)
7.04%

Watched Threads