The Student Room Group

Swansea vs oxford brookes vs Essex

Scroll to see replies

Original post by swanseajack1
Yes and St Andrews is lower still. It says it all that St Andrews and Durham havent entered clearing but those favoured by QS like Bristol and Manchester have. Here are the UK top 9. Every one an old university in a big city and it goes on further down.
Oxford
Cambridge
Imperial
UCL
Edinburgh
Manchester
Kings
LSE
Bristol

There is a misunderstanding, I was just correcting a mistake, as I said, I don't love ranking and definitely not here to support QS. Ranking tables are like sausages, the more you find out what goes into them, the less likely you are to consume them :smile:
Original post by lucas02
There is a misunderstanding, I was just correcting a mistake, as I said, I don't love ranking and definitely not here to support QS. Ranking tables are like sausages, the more you find out what goes into them, the less likely you are to consume them :smile:

Well that is what you used

As I wrote above, Essex and Swansea are similar, but Essex ranking is better in Computer Sciences that Swansea: according to the QS world ranking in Computer Sciences, Essex is 301-350 (Swansea 501-550), THE world ranking in Computer Sciences, Essex is 176-200 (Swansea 251-300).
Original post by swanseajack1
Well that is what you used

As I wrote above, Essex and Swansea are similar, but Essex ranking is better in Computer Sciences that Swansea: according to the QS world ranking in Computer Sciences, Essex is 301-350 (Swansea 501-550), THE world ranking in Computer Sciences, Essex is 176-200 (Swansea 251-300).

Yes, I used QS cause QS is the ranking Swansea Computer Sciences has in its webpage https://www.swansea.ac.uk/compsci/
Original post by lucas02
Yes, I used QS cause QS is the ranking Swansea Computer Sciences has in its webpage https://www.swansea.ac.uk/compsci/

It also uses the Guardian, Times and National Student Survey but you chose to ignore them but use QS and THE.
5th in the UK for student satisfaction according to the Guardian.
6th in the UK for Career prospects according to the Guardian.
4th in the UK for student satisfaction for Software Engineering and 6th for Computer Science.
8th in the UK for Computer Science according to the Times/ Sunday Times.

Yet you chose to ignore those as well as the Complete University Guide and just used guides that suited your cause.
Oh dear, I corrected you cause you did an embarrassing mistake reading the table, and it seems like you got upset, but it's fine :smile: seriously!

p.s. this stopped being informative 10messages ago, so I'll stop replying here, sorry!
(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending