The Student Room Group

Which uni is the best out of all ?

Degree : LLB Law

University one : University of Law

University two : BCU [birmingham city university]

University three : Brighton University

I am going to call more universities but which university should i go to?

I like the idea of going to brighton but it is too far and I tend to get overwhelmed by moving too fast and the accomodation is expensive... I would love to go to ulaw but it does not seem the typical university life... BCU was my dream uni [i know. its lame] and I have not recieved an email from them when I called the clearing hotline...
Reply 1
Original post by Ashleyxo2000
Degree : LLB Law

University one : University of Law

University two : BCU [birmingham city university]

University three : Brighton University

I am going to call more universities but which university should i go to?

I like the idea of going to brighton but it is too far and I tend to get overwhelmed by moving too fast and the accomodation is expensive... I would love to go to ulaw but it does not seem the typical university life... BCU was my dream uni [i know. its lame] and I have not recieved an email from them when I called the clearing hotline...

I personally lean to Ulaw it was my second option for law but I took my first clearing offer. A lot of law firms send students to Ulaw for LLM or LPC. If you want to go to BCU tho and you’ve wanted to go for a long time I’d go there. Ulaw doesn’t have a traditional type of student life as everyone lives in alternative student accommodation (for london anyway) and there are a lack of social groups etc. So BCU might be better for societies.
Original post by soie182
I personally lean to Ulaw it was my second option for law but I took my first clearing offer. A lot of law firms send students to Ulaw for LLM or LPC. If you want to go to BCU tho and you’ve wanted to go for a long time I’d go there. Ulaw doesn’t have a traditional type of student life as everyone lives in alternative student accommodation (for london anyway) and there are a lack of social groups etc. So BCU might be better for societies.

I have recieved an email that they rejected me so that's no use. I might consider going to ULaw then transfering to somewhere else.
Original post by soie182

hold your horses cowboy - a lot of firms send their people to ULaw for the LPC (which may have an LLM component). No firm sends their trainees to ULaw for their LLB - that would be impossible! OP seems to be stuck with three mediocre options so it probably comes down to mundane things like proximity to home, etc
Reply 4
I have recieved an email that they rejected me so that's no use. I might consider going to ULaw then transfering to somewhere else.

Keep checking the clearing list. If you really feel that you need to go to uni this year then take Ulaw. You can always take a year out and apply next year or some unis let you apply in January. Maybe you’ll really enjoy Ulaw.
Reply 5
Meh, none of them are good if we're being completely honest, especially at undergraduate level.

Look at factors such as location, the city, modules on offer etc.

There's no real reputation difference.
Original post by Arisapo
Meh, none of them are good if we're being completely honest, especially at undergraduate level.

Look at factors such as location, the city, modules on offer etc.

There's no real reputation difference.

Is keele university a "good" university? I might consider going there sinee I have already emailed the admissions team for clearing yesterday... The following universities I have found interesting and have a good reputation is keele university, University of london, city and many more...
Reply 7
Is keele university a "good" university? I might consider going there sinee I have already emailed the admissions team for clearing yesterday... The following universities I have found interesting and have a good reputation is keele university, University of london, city and many more...

I can say that city is a nice uni. I visited and if you want a city uni then that’s the one for you. It’s also part of the university of London. The area city uni is in is also safe and easy to access. I haven’t check the clearing list but there is also goldsmiths, SOAS and a few other uni of london unis that has law places last time I checked. Although SOAS is a BA.
(edited 3 years ago)

What grades do you have?
Original post by harrysbar
What grades do you have?

I completed a foundation year and i have a 2:!
I completed a foundation year and i have a 2:!

So where did you do the foundation year and don't you want to stay there?
So where did you do the foundation year and don't you want to stay there?

I did it in newman university and I had a bad expeience at there, also, I knew it was only temporary since I wanted to transfer for my undergraduate degree.
I did it in newman university and I had a bad expeience at there, also, I knew it was only temporary since I wanted to transfer for my undergraduate degree.

Right yes I see where you're coming from. I'm concerned that BCU rejected you, did they say why?
Right yes I see where you're coming from. I'm concerned that BCU rejected you, did they say why?

That I am not sure why, I have called the clearing hotline and spoke for ten minutes, was put on hold to speak to the head of the law school and after an hour or two, BCU sent an email saying I have been rejected... I think it was because I mentioned that I have a disability...
That I am not sure why, I have called the clearing hotline and spoke for ten minutes, was put on hold to speak to the head of the law school and after an hour or two, BCU sent an email saying I have been rejected... I think it was because I mentioned that I have a disability...

That would be very bad if they rejected you because of that - illegal actually.

ULaw is not the typical uni life but maybe it would be suitable if the location is good for you?
That would be very bad if they rejected you because of that - illegal actually.

ULaw is not the typical uni life but maybe it would be suitable if the location is good for you?

I guess it could be and the location is a bit far even though it is the same city and it's an unfortante that BCU rejected me because I have a disability - also, I did not know it was illegal because in 2018 application for UCAS, I was rejected by three russell group unis for being HoH :/ ULaw accepted me straight away so I might consider going there.
I guess it could be and the location is a bit far even though it is the same city and it's an unfortante that BCU rejected me because I have a disability - also, I did not know it was illegal because in 2018 application for UCAS, I was rejected by three russell group unis for being HoH :/ ULaw accepted me straight away so I might consider going there.

I'm happy to hear that you have an offer from ULaw anyway. It's nice to have an offer in the bag even if you are still phoning around to see what else is out there

I go to Keele University at the moment and I am studying a law degree there. I'm in my first year and so far I have had a really lovely experience there. At the moment, Keele is ranked number 34 on the league tables for law, which I think is actually quite good! It really is an amazing university and the quality of teaching is amazing xx
Reply 18
Original post by AmiThakrar
I go to Keele University at the moment and I am studying a law degree there. I'm in my first year and so far I have had a really lovely experience there. At the moment, Keele is ranked number 34 on the league tables for law, which I think is actually quite good! It really is an amazing university and the quality of teaching is amazing xx

it is diverse?

Quick Reply

Latest