Boris Johnson's reputation...

Watch
Other_Owl
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Is he on the way to becoming the worst PM (so far) in history?
Torigracex
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As an A level student who received my grades yesterday, yes 💖
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't think he is on the way to becoming the worst Prime Minister in history.

He is the worst Prime Minister in history.
imlikeahermit
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Bizarre really when you think that Labour couldn't even field an opposition to this moron. I think this era says more about how piss poor the opposition are.
Napp
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Doubt it. As crappy as he is he's got some stiff competition from;
Chamberlain - Leading us into WWII unprepared
Eden - Putting the final nail in the coffin of the British Empire
Cameron - The whole EU thing
May - just awful
JOSH4598
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by imlikeahermit)
Bizarre really when you think that Labour couldn't even field an opposition to this moron. I think this era says more about how piss poor the opposition are.
Agreed. Covid has been an early Christmas present for Labour, they can comfortably sit back and say everything the Conservatives are doing is wrong, and how they've "killed 40-odd thousand people". They should be rapidly gaining popularity, by offering a crystal clear alternative and pin-pointing where the government is allegedly going wrong. But they've remained remarkably quiet as a whole and almost look as lost as the government. Same with the Lib Dems and all the other parties - none of them have made a noise since this began.

Same with Brexit. Labour had every opportunity to throw the Tories under the bus given May's disasterous handling of that. They were in the ideal position to at least pretend they could offer better governance. However they sat on the fence all the way till the election (an election they seemed to not even want!), then lost in the most fantastically spectacular fashion.

The opposition (namely Labour) has had some fantastic opportunities to damage the Conservative's reputation and gain tremendous support. But they've failed! Admittedly Keir Starmer has been much more vocal now, especially over the A-Level results situation a few days ago and the PPE issues, but I don't recall Labour as a whole acting as if they could be a 'government in waiting'. It's poor, and only but allows the government to act in whatever way they like knowing they've got another 4 and a half years in power and will likely win the next election anyway.
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by imlikeahermit)
Jeremy Corbyn was Leader of the Opposition in name only. The Liberal Democrats have spent a year choosing a Leader, and their credibility was lost over cancelling Brexit without a second vote. The SNP have seemed the only opposition, and the Monster Raving Loony Party are not represented in Parliament.
imlikeahermit
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by barnetlad)
Jeremy Corbyn was Leader of the Opposition in name only. The Liberal Democrats have spent a year choosing a Leader, and their credibility was lost over cancelling Brexit without a second vote. The SNP have seemed the only opposition, and the Monster Raving Loony Party are not represented in Parliament.
I think you could easily argue that the Monster Raving Loony Party are heavily represented in Westminster...
L i b
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JOSH4598)
Agreed. Covid has been an early Christmas present for Labour, they can comfortably sit back and say everything the Conservatives are doing is wrong, and how they've "killed 40-odd thousand people".
Like with some of the more extreme attacks on welfare reform, that sort of stuff won't win any support. It just makes you look mental and would make the Labour Party look like the SWP. More likely to put off swing voters if anything.

In a more general response to your post, it's difficult for opposition parties to get a look-in at a time of national crisis. Focus is, understandably, on the government. Not really Labour's fault.
Myaniad
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not really. He did what the electorate have asked him to do. Got. Brexit. Done. Just because coronavirus has buggered everything up does not mean he is to blame for coronavirus.

Ask again in 2024 when things are more back to normal.
imlikeahermit
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Myaniad)
Not really. He did what the electorate have asked him to do. Got. Brexit. Done. Just because coronavirus has buggered everything up does not mean he is to blame for coronavirus.

Ask again in 2024 when things are more back to normal.
By getting Brexit done are you meaning that he’s persisted with a line which will make this country a lot poorer, and that’s before you add in the GDP drop from Covid? It will take a lot longer than 4 years to get back to ‘normal.’
Gundabad(good)
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Other_Owl)
Is he on the way to becoming the worst PM (so far) in history?
If he doesn't get a deal with the EU and the UK economy goes to pot then yes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (75)
21.55%
No (273)
78.45%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed