brodiedunn20
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Are online clearing applications checked by a person or automatically accepted or denied via a computer?
Interrobang
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by brodiedunn20)
Are online clearing applications checked by a person or automatically accepted or denied via a computer?
They will be checked by someone
brodiedunn20
Rep:
?
(Original post by Interrobang)
They will be checked by someone
if a Uni accepts you're clearing offer, can they then backtrack on the offer and claim it was a mistake?
Interrobang
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
if a Uni accepts you're clearing offer, can they then backtrack on the offer and claim it was a mistake?
No they shouldn't. Do you have written confirmation?
brodiedunn20
Rep:
?
(Original post by Interrobang)
No they shouldn't. Do you have written confirmation?
Yes, I have an email, I was also about to accept the offer on the uni website however pressed edit application by accident. I then backed out and it said that i'd edited the application so it was sent off for a second time. I rang up and said that i pressed the wrong thing and wish to accept the offer, they then said that they can't accept my offer because there was a mistake. I also previously rang up after getting my application to confirm that my application was correct, they offered for me to accept it on the phone but I said i'd sleep on it.
brodiedunn20
Rep:
?
Yes, I have an email, I was also about to accept the offer on the uni website however pressed edit application by accident. I then backed out and it said that i'd edited the application so it was sent off for a second time. I rang up and said that i pressed the wrong thing and wish to accept the offer, they then said that they can't accept my offer because there was a mistake. I also previously rang up after getting my application to confirm that my application was correct, they offered for me to accept it on the phone but I said i'd sleep on it.
After getting my offer**
Interrobang
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
What mistake did they say? Assuming you didn't lie, they need to accept you
strtss
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
my clearing application instantly got rejected. I doubt it got checked by someone
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (518)
33.77%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (634)
41.33%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (312)
20.34%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.56%

Watched Threads