GemmaR7817
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hi, I have just been accepted for vet med at Harper keel and have no idea which site would be the best for accommodation, any advice would really be appreciated thanks!
Keele University
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by GemmaR7817)
Hi, I have just been accepted for vet med at Harper keel and have no idea which site would be the best for accommodation, any advice would really be appreciated thanks!
Hi Gemma!

Congratulations on your acceptance!

There's a bit of information on the Harper Keele Veterinary School webpages at: https://www.harperkeelevetschool.ac....accommodation/, with links to the accommodation pages of both universities.

I'm afraid I've never lived on campus at Keele myself (I'm a commuter student so I live at home) but I'll tag Keele Student Ambassador and Keele Student Ambassador1 in to this thread as they might be able to tell you more about their experiences of campus accommodation.

You can also contact our friendly accommodation team, who can tell you more about the different accommodation types at Keele, as well as advice you on which accommodation will be closest to various facilities around campus - their email is [email protected]. Our accommodation team are quite busy at the moment but do bear with them and they'll get back to you regarding any queries as soon as they can!

Hope that helps!

Amy
EJE99
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi, further to this I am also going to the HK vet school in September - I've been given Keele as my host site and wondered if you can tell me which accommodation has single beds? I should be getting my accomodation email today or very soon, but any info you have will help me as I can't find any firm info apart from looking at images!

Thanks!
Keele Postgraduate
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by EJE99)
Hi, further to this I am also going to the HK vet school in September - I've been given Keele as my host site and wondered if you can tell me which accommodation has single beds? I should be getting my accomodation email today or very soon, but any info you have will help me as I can't find any firm info apart from looking at images!

Thanks!
Hi there!

If I remember rightly, all non en suited accommodation has single beds! If you opt for en suite accommodation then the beds are 3/4. I can contact the accommodations team to find out properly for you as things may have changed on campus since I lived there?
Keele Postgraduate
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by GemmaR7817)
Hi there!

When I lived on campus, I lived in Lindsay Court. The rooms were en suite and there was plenty of room! You only shared with 8 per kitchen as well so I really enjoyed my time there.

I believe the closest accommodation to the vet building would be Barnes so that may be something you want to think about? There are some really modern new build barnes that are en suited that share kitchens with a small number of people. I haven’t been in them myself but they look lovely and no one has a bad thing to say! Whichever accomodation you’re in, you’re only ever a short walk away from anything on campus so choice of accommodation can be very flexible!

If there’s anything else I can help you with then please let me know!
donkeymcdonkface
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Hi,I was under the impression the VetMed students can only apply to Horwood or Holly Cross due to the course being 41 weeks.From a parent point of view Horwood looks a bit grim - but is it OK with so many sharing such few facilities. Unfortunately we only looked around HA not Keele before lock down. Barnes looks much nicer but she cant apply there (I dont think).
Keele Student Ambassador1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by donkeymcdonkface)
Hi,I was under the impression the VetMed students can only apply to Horwood or Holly Cross due to the course being 41 weeks.From a parent point of view Horwood looks a bit grim - but is it OK with so many sharing such few facilities. Unfortunately we only looked around HA not Keele before lock down. Barnes looks much nicer but she cant apply there (I dont think).
Hello! If you are keen on Barnes, the shared flats in Barnes are also available for 41 weeks. These flats have a kitchen and bathroom shared by four people only. If you are a bit worried about too many people sharing facilities, these shared flats might be a better option?

There are also the en-suite rooms in Holly Cross and The Oaks and Lindsay Court, which are a lot nicer but a bit more expensive. I think you are required to share a kitchen with 6-8 people in these flats.

As for your question on the classic plus rooms in Horwood, I have no experience living there myself but one of my friends did live there during first year. I have been to her room and I should say that it was much bigger than I expected it to be. They are equipped with a single bed, a wash basin, a table and chair and a decent sized cupboard. She had to share bathrooms and a kitchen with 11 other girls from what I remember but she didn't really see it as an inconvenience. From what she experienced, she said it was really rare that everyone would follow the same schedules and it was very rare that they would all have to use the bathrooms and kitchen at the same time. For what it's worth, all of her flatmates were really social as well. Horwood has a reputation for being a really social hall and apparently everyone knows everyone in Horwood!

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask!
donkeymcdonkface
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Keele Student Ambassador1)
Hello! If you are keen on Barnes, the shared flats in Barnes are also available for 41 weeks. These flats have a kitchen and bathroom shared by four people only. If you are a bit worried about too many people sharing facilities, these shared flats might be a better option?

There are also the en-suite rooms in Holly Cross and The Oaks and Lindsay Court, which are a lot nicer but a bit more expensive. I think you are required to share a kitchen with 6-8 people in these flats.

As for your question on the classic plus rooms in Horwood, I have no experience living there myself but one of my friends did live there during first year. I have been to her room and I should say that it was much bigger than I expected it to be. They are equipped with a single bed, a wash basin, a table and chair and a decent sized cupboard. She had to share bathrooms and a kitchen with 11 other girls from what I remember but she didn't really see it as an inconvenience. From what she experienced, she said it was really rare that everyone would follow the same schedules and it was very rare that they would all have to use the bathrooms and kitchen at the same time. For what it's worth, all of her flatmates were really social as well. Horwood has a reputation for being a really social hall and apparently everyone knows everyone in Horwood!

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to ask!
Thank you - that helps a lot! My daughter is always up for a social!
Keele Student Ambassador1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by donkeymcdonkface)
Thank you - that helps a lot! My daughter is always up for a social!
I am glad to hear that! Hope it helped put your mind at ease a bit!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (391)
56.5%
I don't have everything I need (301)
43.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise