llaws
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I have received a £2000 scholarship offer from BPP but much prefer almost everything about Ulaw. I will be doing the LPC part time and with Ulaw would be doing it online and with BPP would be doing the Saturday course (online initially). Is BPP that bad? I've read the open letter but wanted to hear from others who have been there or who have done the online LPC at Ulaw. Is it worth me going with BPP for the sake of £2k off? I'll be teaching part time and I've got a one year old so the online option suits my lifestyle much more. Thanks!
EU Yakov
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by llaws)
I have received a £2000 scholarship offer from BPP but much prefer almost everything about Ulaw. I will be doing the LPC part time and with Ulaw would be doing it online and with BPP would be doing the Saturday course (online initially). Is BPP that bad? I've read the open letter but wanted to hear from others who have been there or who have done the online LPC at Ulaw. Is it worth me going with BPP for the sake of £2k off? I'll be teaching part time and I've got a one year old so the online option suits my lifestyle much more. Thanks!
finishing LPC at BPP. the letter and the articles were pretty much true. can't you get a scholarship at ULaw? contact their admissions and say that you're going to BPP unless they cough up.
majorSoutherby
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by llaws)
So far i've had a pretty good experience with BPP. I heard about the letter and personally speaking the contents are not a fair reflection on what happened - the team were really supportive during COVID and lockdown.

Was it the course I signed up for? No. I signed up thinking I would be in a classroom face to face. Were there periods at the start that felt like a scramble? Yes 100% but they sorted them out pretty quickly plus I dont know any business or service that wasn't disrupted during this period.

One thing that does stand out for me at BPP compared to other providers is the influence on the teaching and structure from them working with the firms. Being honest I found the feedback i received tough to handle at the start and it made me realise how much time I needed to invest in the course. Once I had got to grips with this, then i could really see the improvements in my presentations, hearings, drafting etc but its not easy and different to anything else i had done previously.

Whatever you decide, it's got to be something that you are happy with.
EU Yakov
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by majorSoutherby)
So far i've had a pretty good experience with BPP. I heard about the letter and personally speaking the contents are not a fair reflection on what happened - the team were really supportive during COVID and lockdown.

Was it the course I signed up for? No. I signed up thinking I would be in a classroom face to face. Were there periods at the start that felt like a scramble? Yes 100% but they sorted them out pretty quickly plus I dont know any business or service that wasn't disrupted during this period.
you're not representing the actual complaint fairly. no one expected face-to-face teaching during lockdown. what was being complained about were things like tutors not being able to handle the software, class sizes, issues with timetabling and the operation of exams, etc. BPP also failed to rebound in time - I've never heard of another institution that ****ed up in so many ways and continued ****ing up for so long so many months later. at some point you have to say 'enough's ', and I think that BPP - which cost me nearly 17,000 with all of its promises of premium-ness - has long passed that point.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (157)
14.58%
I'm not sure (46)
4.27%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (320)
29.71%
I have already dropped out (30)
2.79%
I'm not a current university student (524)
48.65%

Watched Threads