The Student Room Group

How to write personal statement for hygiene therapy?????

hi guys I need some help... I'm applying for hygiene therapy for 2021 and I need some advice for my personal statement. I'm struggling to write it as I don't want to sound 'cocky'.

I am working as a dental nurse and am currently doing an access to HE course; so I am fairly experienced in the field....... any advice? Thanks!
Reply 1
Just start by doing a template
I wrote mine about ten times until I reached the final version
They want to know who you are, why you want to be a therapist/hygienist, what inspired you, most importantly what skills you already have?
Hope this helps

I also had a good friend (who graduated from Criminology😅) read it for me, she advised some adjustments to the wording, gave me some new ideas, worked on them and now guess what? I start in September. You Access tutor would also return it to you if they think you can do it better.
Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by _Little_Indian
Just start by doing a template
I wrote mine about ten times until I reached the final version
They want to know who you are, why you want to be a therapist/hygienist, what inspired you, most importantly what skills you already have?
Hope this helps

I also had a good friend (who graduated from Criminology😅) read it for me, she advised some adjustments to the wording, gave me some new ideas, worked on them and now guess what? I start in September. You Access tutor would also return it to you if they think you can do it better.
Good luck!

Thanks so much! I often find I write things too concise so i'm struggling for the word count too. What uni are you going to, maybe i'll see you next year :wink:
Reply 3
😂😂 going to QMUL, so happy!

Quick Reply