The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Class Size Dropoff in Year 3?

Anyone know why the class size drops off so drastically in the third year, particularly for Laws? The data from table B at this link (https://www.ucl.ac.uk/srs/student-statistics).

Like for laws it goes from 185->43. What happened to those 142 kids? Did they go to another program or dual degree or what's up? I thought the LLB program was 3 years for everyone?
Original post by Anonymous
Anyone know why the class size drops off so drastically in the third year, particularly for Laws? The data from table B at this link (https://www.ucl.ac.uk/srs/student-statistics).

Like for laws it goes from 185->43. What happened to those 142 kids? Did they go to another program or dual degree or what's up? I thought the LLB program was 3 years for everyone?

If ur looking at B, then there is a column with Year F, representing students in their final year, I'm guessing that's where they went statistically but I'm not sure what the difference between year 3 and F is.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by lionpunkgirl
If ur looking at B, then there is a column with Year F, representing students in their final year, I'm guessing that's where they went statistically but I'm not sure what the difference between year 3 and F is.

Haha, I'm just daft, I'm guessing that the students who are still in year 3 instead of year F are probably the ones with a 4th year in some other program like the HKU or Columbia program.
Original post by Anonymous
Haha, I'm just daft, I'm guessing that the students who are still in year 3 instead of year F are probably the ones with a 4th year in some other program like the HKU or Columbia program.

Nahh, don't worry about it. I think it's just a weird classification thing anyway.

Great that you're looking at the stats tho, just remember that data is essentially stupid- it doesn't have any intrinsic meaning. It is what you do with data and how you analyse it that gives it meaning.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending