Reviser101
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
This is a general forum for anyone applying for pharmacy at the UCL for entry in 2021!

Feel free to drop any questions, opinions etc you may have.

Questions you can answer to keep the thread going:
1. What grades did you get at GCSE?
2. What work experience/ volunteering/ extra curricular activities have
you done?
3. What other universities are you thinking of applying to?
4. How do you think coronavirus is going to affect the 2020-2021 year
13 cohort in terms of our UCAS applications?
5. Why do you want to apply for pharmacy?
6. Why UCL in particular?

Of course feel free to post anything else you want! This is just a basis.
danielhung12
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
1) A*-Econs, 9-chem, 8-bio, 8-history, 8-maths, 8-RS, 7-Eng Lit, 7-Phys, 6-Eng Lang, Distinction*-BTEC Music, Distinction-Eng spoken lang
2) I have worked in the dispensary of a large clinic in Hong Kong, shadowing a pharmacist. I have volunteered in a care home. I have shadowed a dermatologist. I have also worked at the foundations department of an accounting firm, helping organise an annual event.
3) Other than UCL, I'm thinking of applying to KCL, Bath, Nottingham and Kingston
4) I feel as if the government is going to make an exam happen, where we actually sit in a hall to do the paper. I don't feel as if it will affect us as much as it affected the 2019-2020 year 13s
5) Personally, I've always been interested in medicines and drugs. Not only the body's response to drugs but also how it is delivered into the body. I also like the idea of having patient interactions and the fact that when I become a pharmacist, people can confide in me and can come to me for advice on something I have a passion about.
6) UCL has been my dream since many years ago. I feel like studying in such a world renowned and respected university would help about in terms of job prospects. I also like how UCL has a designated department in which they help students achieve the careers they want.
Anonymous129836
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
What does everyone think about the negativity that pharmacy is receiving in terms of saturation and low job prospects?
danielhung12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous129836)
What does everyone think about the negativity that pharmacy is receiving in terms of saturation and low job prospects?
I don't know why people think that because it certainly isn't true
username5070758
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous129836)
People think Pharmacy is oversaturated because a few years ago there were articles saying that too many pharmacy schools were opening up and universities were able to accept as many students as they want so they estimated that it was going to be oversaturated however the government implemented a cap meaning each uni can only take in a certain amount of students so now they are saying there's at least 6000 job spaces for pharmacists in the NHS and not enough people to fill up the spaces.
But with a pharmacy degree, you're not only limited to being a pharmacist as some also go into industry and work for pharmaceutical companies/ go into research and teaching.
medicdbsahjv
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
do you guys think if im predicted ABB, i could potentially be offered a place, since UCL entry requirements is AAB?
Huz3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There's an interview process aswel
k.aitlyn
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi, I was wondering if there were any international students applying for the 5 year pre reg integrated degree?
aime1525
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi everyone, I am currently in year 13, due to the current situation my school did our mocks in mid- September and I have received my predicted grades which meet the AAB requirement for Pharmacy. But I was hoping to do some class tests through which I can increase my prediction, which could mean I submit my application late November early December. I would be so grateful if someone could tell me whether submitting my application late November early December decrease my chances of getting an offer from UCL and Kings maybe because its competitive or there simply would be less spaces available.
Last edited by aime1525; 2 weeks ago
meriam0207
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by k.aitlyn)
Hi, I was wondering if there were any international students applying for the 5 year pre reg integrated degree?
Hi, I'm applying as an EU student so I guess I would be considered as an international applicant.

May I ask with what grades you are applying with (A-levels or IB)?
meriam0207
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has heard of the possibility of receiving an unconditional offer for MPharm in UCL or any other London uni?
meriam0207
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi, I was just wondering if it is possible to receive an unconditional offer for MPharm UCL with just the predicted grades?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (183)
14.29%
I'm not sure (59)
4.61%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (377)
29.43%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.89%
I'm not a current university student (625)
48.79%

Watched Threads