Pharmacy applicants UCL 2021Watch
Feel free to drop any questions, opinions etc you may have.
Questions you can answer to keep the thread going:
1. What grades did you get at GCSE?
2. What work experience/ volunteering/ extra curricular activities have
3. What other universities are you thinking of applying to?
4. How do you think coronavirus is going to affect the 2020-2021 year
13 cohort in terms of our UCAS applications?
5. Why do you want to apply for pharmacy?
6. Why UCL in particular?
Of course feel free to post anything else you want! This is just a basis.
2) I have worked in the dispensary of a large clinic in Hong Kong, shadowing a pharmacist. I have volunteered in a care home. I have shadowed a dermatologist. I have also worked at the foundations department of an accounting firm, helping organise an annual event.
3) Other than UCL, I'm thinking of applying to KCL, Bath, Nottingham and Kingston
4) I feel as if the government is going to make an exam happen, where we actually sit in a hall to do the paper. I don't feel as if it will affect us as much as it affected the 2019-2020 year 13s
5) Personally, I've always been interested in medicines and drugs. Not only the body's response to drugs but also how it is delivered into the body. I also like the idea of having patient interactions and the fact that when I become a pharmacist, people can confide in me and can come to me for advice on something I have a passion about.
6) UCL has been my dream since many years ago. I feel like studying in such a world renowned and respected university would help about in terms of job prospects. I also like how UCL has a designated department in which they help students achieve the careers they want.
But with a pharmacy degree, you're not only limited to being a pharmacist as some also go into industry and work for pharmaceutical companies/ go into research and teaching.
Hi, I was wondering if there were any international students applying for the 5 year pre reg integrated degree?
May I ask with what grades you are applying with (A-levels or IB)?