The Student Room Group

What is Nicola Sturgeon playing at?

Hey, Scottish students. Why is Nicola Sturgeon apologising to you for giving you poor grades when she should have been apologising years ago for making it more difficult for you to get a place at Scottish Universities in comparison to non-Scottish students who pay full fees? The Scottish education system is screwed to the point where you don't even have enough money to buy printer paper for PTA meetings, let alone get to university.

Should you raise a petition for better treatment by your government?
I got free tuition in Stirling, and I’m happy
Original post by LuigiMario
I got free tuition in Stirling, and I’m happy

Ah fair dos.
Great news from Worcester College Oxford, they’ve agreed to let all firm offer holders in, irrespective of whatever algorithmic grade was made up for them

If only their initiative could spread wider, that’d be worth whatever the tuition costs are!
Original post by LuigiMario
Great news from Worcester College Oxford, they’ve agreed to let all firm offer holders in, irrespective of whatever algorithmic grade was made up for them

If only their initiative could spread wider, that’d be worth whatever the tuition costs are!

I'm really happy that they've done that. And as you say, if only their initiative would spread!
Reply 5
Original post by GillisRobbieWGS
Hey, Scottish students. Why is Nicola Sturgeon apologising to you for giving you poor grades when she should have been apologising years ago for making it more difficult for you to get a place at Scottish Universities in comparison to non-Scottish students who pay full fees? The Scottish education system is screwed to the point where you don't even have enough money to buy printer paper for PTA meetings, let alone get to university.

Should you raise a petition for better treatment by your government?

Because (almost) nobody here thinks that's an issue?

Just as (almost) nobody in the UK thinks there is a problem with it being more difficult for you to get a place at Universities in comparison to international students who pay full fees.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending