The Student Room Group

A-Level options

For my A-Levels I selected Maths, Physics, Business and got an A in AS further maths. I am going into Year 13 now and hope to do an engineering degree in university. I am worried that by me selecting business universities will see it as a soft option, hindering my chances of getting into a top university. Is this something to worry about as I selected business as an option as it was something I enjoyed.
check the uni requirements or contact the university if you’re worried, you should be fine though as you’ve taken maths and physics. as both are essential for studying an engineering degree. which unis are you thinking of?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Libbyc16
check the uni requirements or contact the university if you’re worried, you should be fine though as you’ve taken maths and physics. as both are essential for studying an engineering degree. which unis are you thinking of?

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking of Manchester, Bath, Edinburgh etc and checked their entry requirements and they stated the need for maths and physics and one other subject. Is there much of an advantage to someone who took a more respected subject considering the requirements just stating maths and physics. Thanks
Original post by EUANT03
Thanks for the reply. I was thinking of Manchester, Bath, Edinburgh etc and checked their entry requirements and they stated the need for maths and physics and one other subject. Is there much of an advantage to someone who took a more respected subject considering the requirements just stating maths and physics. Thanks

id say not as business can kinda of link to engineering. as long as your get fairly high grades in them all you’ll be fine. good luck :smile:)

Quick Reply

Latest