The Student Room Group

Anyone good at computer science help?

Based on the OCR NEA project.
Yh what help do you need?
Original post by Hammad(214508)
Yh what help do you need?

For my Ocr a level project I started my analysis. On the spec it says: describe and justify features that make the problem solvable by computational methods, explain why the problem is amenable to a computational approach. I'm not sure what to write for this as I'm doing a sudoku game. What problems does sudoku have that can be solved with computational methods? Thank you.
Original post by ninja24
For my Ocr a level project I started my analysis. On the spec it says: describe and justify features that make the problem solvable by computational methods, explain why the problem is amenable to a computational approach. I'm not sure what to write for this as I'm doing a sudoku game. What problems does sudoku have that can be solved with computational methods? Thank you.

Well you need to explain why you are creating a program for sudoku when it can be done by hand on paper?
I would assume you could say things like it's easily available on phone and other devices, no need any tools (not even internet I assume) , same program can just create as many sudoku you want randomly (so you have infinite possibilities whereas paper is just once), you will add extra features not possible on paper so needs to be a computational approach (e.g. you could add suggestions , maybe levels of sudoku , automatic solver , autofill a few numbers if they have had a streak without making any mistakes x many times, ability to compete with other players ...)
Expand on these points
Original post by Hammad(214508)
Well you need to explain why you are creating a program for sudoku when it can be done by hand on paper?
I would assume you could say things like it's easily available on phone and other devices, no need any tools (not even internet I assume) , same program can just create as many sudoku you want randomly (so you have infinite possibilities whereas paper is just once), you will add extra features not possible on paper so needs to be a computational approach (e.g. you could add suggestions , maybe levels of sudoku , automatic solver , autofill a few numbers if they have had a streak without making any mistakes x many times, ability to compete with other players ...)
Expand on these points

Thank you so much for helping ! Will definitely take these points into account. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending