Problems replying to threads

Watch
Legomenon
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I'm having a problem with TSR where whenever I try to write something in the reply box to a thread, it essentially keeps 'clicking out,' making it virtually impossible to write anything.

If it's not clear what I mean by that, imagine clicking outside the box every time you type a letter, so the cursor disappears and to type the next letter you have to click in the box again. That's basically what's happening - worse actually, because even clicking inside the reply box again sometimes doesn't work.

So yeah, short of writing my reply somewhere else and (struggling to) copy-paste it into the reply box, I can't really use TSR (no problems writing this though, weirdly). I've never encountered this problem before and I'm not sure what to do about it. Help would be appreciated.
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Try clearing cookies and the cache? That's usually my go to when I run into problems with a website
username5339798
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
This happens to me too tbh, I just click on the preview post button and write in the box to comment.
Legomenon
Rep:
?
Tried clearing everything, still have the same problem .
Legomenon
Rep:
?
(Original post by v32)
This happens to me too tbh, I just click on the preview post button and write in the box to comment.
This works, thanks. I guess I'll have to start doing this until TSR fixes the issue. It's a bit off-putting though.
Lemur14
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Legomenon)
This works, thanks. I guess I'll have to start doing this until TSR fixes the issue. It's a bit off-putting though.
Just to say this was raised as a bug earlier so the team are working on it :yep: I don't think the development team are working over the weekend so hopefully it gets fixed early next week!
To help them, can you share what device type you're using TSR on, and what browser?

:fyi: BlinkyBill
Legomenon
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lemur14)
Just to say this was raised as a bug earlier so the team are working on it :yep: I don't think the development team are working over the weekend so hopefully it gets fixed early next week!
To help them, can you share what device type you're using TSR on, and what browser?

Thanks! I'm using a macbook with google chrome.
BlinkyBill
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Lemur14)

(Original post by Legomenon)
Thanks! I'm using a macbook with google chrome.
Thank you for this! Yep our tech team were working on it this afternoon but I'm not sure if they were able to replicate the issue before the end of the week or not. I will be sure to pick up with them on Monday. Please feel free to tag me back in if you're still having this problem on Monday - sorry, I know it's a pain!
username1732133
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by BlinkyBill)
Thank you for this! Yep our tech team were working on it this afternoon but I'm not sure if they were able to replicate the issue before the end of the week or not. I will be sure to pick up with them on Monday. Please feel free to tag me back in if you're still having this problem on Monday - sorry, I know it's a pain!
Switching off adblock fixed the problem for me. I take it this was not intentional.
Legomenon
Rep:
?
(Original post by Plücker)
Switching off adblock fixed the problem for me. I take it this was not intentional.
That works for me too, I'd certainly hope it wasn't intentional, I doubt it was.
Legomenon
Rep:
?
Issue seems to be fixed now
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (154)
54.8%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (41)
14.59%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (31)
11.03%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (26)
9.25%
I haven't started researching yet (16)
5.69%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
4.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed