The Student Room Group

Childcare & further education

I’m starting an access to he education course at a college and will need a bursary & childcare grant to be able to do this financially as I’m a lone parent with no support, I’m also a care leaver and 20 years old
My college has been really unhelpful when I’ve asked them for any information or when details about a bursary will be released, I don’t know the timetable so I can’t even arrange childcare and will have to do it last notice, won’t even tell me the term dates. All I know is the course is 2 days a week in college. Has anyone got a bursary and if so when did you get it, was it in installments etc, how much did you get? I’m just worried I won’t financially be able to make it work, I’m self employed too but don’t make much money s I can’t get a part time job because they all require you to work weekends / evenings / be flexible and I can’t afford childcare. My sons 18 months old
Reply 1
I’m starting a HE course well supposed to be In September I got my grade back today from my level 3 sub dip and my grade says DS ? I have no clue what that means officially so I’m panicking haha however if I were you I’d contact student finance to what help you can get although if it’s an advanced learner loan I’m not sure they do bursary’s or grants or anything I think it’s just the tuition they provide ! Most colleges to offer extra support for example with lunches and travel but again I think this depends and varies on the college

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending