The Student Room Group

Scared I will be single forever?

I’m 21 and never had a girlfriend before and scared I will be destined to be single forever
nice. maybe use tinder, but not TSR
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
I’m 21 and never had a girlfriend before and scared I will be destined to be single forever

You’ll never know unless you go for it! Why not try some new clubs in your hobbies? :smile:
Don't be scared of being single. :smile:
There are plenty of fish in the dating sea, some of whom will be swimming your way and keen to attract your interest.
You are very likely to chat with many potential dates who you are open to dating and that will be interested in getting to know you better.

In the meantime, enjoy all the freedom that you currently have as a single young guy with minimal expenses.
Embrace as many opportunities as possible to make new friends, learn new skills and do the positive things that make you happy.
Reply 4
Original post by londonmyst
Don't be scared of being single. :smile:
There are plenty of fish in the dating sea, some of whom will be swimming your way and keen to attract your interest.
You are very likely to chat with many potential dates who you are open to dating and that will be interested in getting to know you better.

In the meantime, enjoy all the freedom that you currently have as a single young guy with minimal expenses.
Embrace as many opportunities as possible to make new friends, learn new skills and do the positive things that make you happy.

I feel I can’t be happy single though 🙃
Reply 5
With that attitude you will be single forever. You shouldnt rush things, especially not a relationship.
Like londonmyst said, take this time that your single to better yourself and enjoy the freedom you have :smile:
I feel I can’t be happy single though 🙃

Why?
If you are not happy with your own company, how can you expect to be happy with anyone else's or expect them to be happy with you.
I've been happily single for the last six years.
Reply 7
Original post by londonmyst
Why?
If you are not happy with your own company, how can you expect to be happy with anyone else's or expect them to be happy with you.
I've been happily single for the last six years.

I’m lonely right now and have no friends - nobody likes me at all 🙃
Reply 8
I’m lonely right now and have no friends - nobody likes me at all 🙃

Are you working or in education currently?
Reply 9
Original post by Pathway
Are you working or in education currently?

Uni and I work part time
Uni and I work part time

Then it's worth trying to cultivate friendships in those spaces. Work on your relationship with yourself. Having (or not having) a relationship shouldn't be your entire world, that's way too much pressure on the other person and leaves you vulnerable as well, so it shouldn't scare you to not have one when you have your whole life in front of you.
You need to be happy by yourself before getting into a relationship, otherwise, you can end up depending on your partner for your happiness, which is super unhealthy (trust me, I've been there)

Work on enjoying your own company by getting some hobbies, going out there and meeting some new friends before jumping into a relationship. A partner is supposed to make you happier not happy.
it will come in time
No u have plenty of time to find a gf... people nowadays are rare to find that are actually committed and have morals. I had bf’s in the past but they cheated or weren’t serious enough and I didn’t love them either because they didn’t treat me the way I wanted but now I am in love so it will happen to u. The best relationships happen when u least expect it well that’s what happened to me so I wish u the best.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending