Breaking news: All gcse and a level appeals to be free of charge

Watch
Fifty345
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
According to all news sources, Gavin Williamson has written in The Times this evening that all appeals for GCSE and A LEVEL will be free of charge. More to follow.
-Ndg-
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Fifty345)
According to all news sources, Gavin Williamson has written in The Times this evening that all appeals for GCSE and A LEVEL will be free of charge. More to follow.
Hey! Does anyone know how long does the appeal process take?
For GCSE students can they appeal and then retake in November? I mean if a GCSE student decides to retake, it will not affect his year, I could start the A level course and then sit the exams (eg A levels students who decide to retake are kind of compelled to take a gap year).
How does it work for GCSE?
username5371510
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Good. Now he needs to get rid of Autumn 2020 exam fees. I am not paying a single penny to take exams I am having to take because of a stupid algorithm.
Fifty345
Rep:
?
(Original post by -Ndg-)
For GCSE students can they appeal and then retake in November? I mean if a GCSE student decides to retake, it will not affect his year, I could start the A level course and then sit the exams (eg A levels students who decide to retake are kind of compelled to take a gap year).
Gav Williamson has said that he hopes the appeals process will be done by 7th September
username5371510
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by -Ndg-)
Read somewhere that they don't even have a system in place for the appeals yet. I could be wrong though. It could take a little over a month, but we don't know that yet.

Don't know the answer to your second question. Sorry.
Fifty345
Rep:
?
(Original post by Results2020)
Good. Now he needs to get rid of Autumn 2020 exam fees. I am not paying a single penny to take exams I am having to take because of a stupid algorithm.
I have read reports that this might happen as well. HOWEVER, no confirmed reports yet
username5371510
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I have read reports that this might happen as well. HOWEVER, no confirmed reports yet
Can you share the link to the report, please?
Fifty345
Rep:
?
Can you share the link to the report, please?
Name:  CEC9E847-A9FC-415D-9530-F419BF555FA4.png
Views: 10
Size:  253.3 KB
THIS IS ONLY A REPORT. NOT confirmed
username5371510
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Name:  CEC9E847-A9FC-415D-9530-F419BF555FA4.png
Views: 10
Size:  253.3 KB
THIS IS ONLY A REPORT. NOT confirmed
Thank you It is only right that they should cover the cost. Good news for us students.
Fifty345
Rep:
?
Thank you It is only right that they should cover the cost. Good news for us students.
I hope they do. And they should do. But, grades should just be overturned and we are given our teacher grades. 😂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (95)
13.87%
I'm not sure (32)
4.67%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (214)
31.24%
I have already dropped out (16)
2.34%
I'm not a current university student (328)
47.88%

Watched Threads