Amuri
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
This is a genuine question I’m in Glasgow, Scotland (UK) & in high school last year (6th forum) and here we do highers and advanced highers when I go to college next year will I be doing GSCES and or A levels?

And if I do (GSCES & or A levels in college) what’s the point in doing highers and advanced highers in high school then?
moosec
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As far as I’m aware, GCSEs are the English Equivalent of Nationals & A Levels are the English Equivalent of Highers/Advanced Highers.

So if you achieve Scottish awards I don’t see why you’d have to do English equivalents afterwards
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
We do Nat 5's, Highers and AHs. We don't do GCSEs or A Levels here.
vimtovibes
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you go to college after high school in Scotland after completing Highers and/or Advanced Highers you would usually do a HNC or HND, depending on what you want to do. GCSE’s are the English equivalent of National 4/5’s and A-levels are the English equivalent of Highers.
Hope this helps
SchuylerSister22
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It depends where you are going, there's a private school in the town next to me that does GCSE'S and A-Levels instead of higher's and all that
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (20)
22.73%
No (68)
77.27%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed