UCAS application/Live at home while studying?

Watch this thread
cloudyh
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi ,
I am trying to do an Applications through UCAS
but I didn't understand this question ( Live at home while studying?)
does they ask me if I want an University accommodation ?
or they asking me if I want to live in my country and not coming to London ?
username5252878
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by cloudyh)
Hi ,
I am trying to do an Applications through UCAS
but I didn't understand this question ( Live at home while studying?)
does they ask me if I want an University accommodation ?
or they asking me if I want to live in my country and not coming to London ?
Living at home whilst studying is basically you not staying on campus at uni.

Essentially, to save costs students tend to stay at home or elsewhere whilst studying at uni so they don’t require accommodation. That’s what that means. So if you are willing to commute from home whilst studying at uni you either select yes or no.

If you would like a accommodation at campus you put yes or if you want to live at home but travel then you put yes. If not then no.

Hope that helps. 😊
cloudyh
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Thecrazydoughnut)
Living at home whilst studying is basically you not staying on campus at uni.

Essentially, to save costs students tend to stay at home or elsewhere whilst studying at uni so they don’t require accommodation. That’s what that means. So if you are willing to commute from home whilst studying at uni you either select yes or no.

If you would like a accommodation at campus you put yes or if you want to live at home but travel then you put yes. If not then no.

Hope that helps. 😊
If I will come to London and study in the campus but I have my own home to live in it there so I choose no right ?
username5252878
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by cloudyh)
If I will come to London and study in the campus but I have my own home to live in it there so I choose no right ?
If you’re home is in the UK, and you don’t mind the travel everyday then yes you select no.

This question is so that the unis can provide you with accommodation if you need it whilst you’re studying at university. 😊
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
So many people put the wrong answer to this question that most universities ignore it and send accommodation information to all applicants.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (154)
41.62%
Not yet, but I will soon (69)
18.65%
No (147)
39.73%

Watched Threads