The Student Room Group

Driving practical lessons 1 hour vs 2 hours

So i wanted to start a discussion on 1 hr v 2 hr lessons, which one you guys found more effective.

im thinking
two hours might be overwhelming and a persons attention span would not last.
Original post by qqewrty1
So i wanted to start a discussion on 1 hr v 2 hr lessons, which one you guys found more effective.

im thinking

Personally I think 2 hours is better, if you don’t live near a test route by the time u have driven there and back you won’t have much time to practice before you have to start driving home. 2 hours goes really quickly . I suppose it also depends on financing and how desperate you are to pass
Reply 2
Original post by Muddypaws1
Personally I think 2 hours is better, if you don’t live near a test route by the time u have driven there and back you won’t have much time to practice before you have to start driving home. 2 hours goes really quickly . I suppose it also depends on financing and how desperate you are to pass

i live near a test route, but even so the test centre ive chosen is like 25km away, do you think i should taking driving lessons there before my test?
i live near a test route, but even so the test centre ive chosen is like 25km away, do you think i should taking driving lessons there before my test?

Yes definately so you know the roads, and the speed limits and one way streets etc, on your eventual test they might say take the next available right- this happened to my friend it was no entry, and although they indicated to go down it, but realized in time they were failed.
Reply 4

im thinking

2 hours is better when you first start. As soon as you get the hang of it then 1 hour. make sure you practice the test routes and don't just let them drive you round aimlessly
Reply 5
Personally I feel 2 hours is a nice amount of time. It gives you a comfortable amount of time to condense your learning into.

It's enough time to perfect your maneuvers and get used to the road. Especially if you live some way from the original test route, needless to say you have to get there which takes time.

Most of your lessons will be focusing on the test route and you won't realise it.
I chose 2hr lessons as I'm dyslexic and learning a new skill, especially something as complex as driving, can be an obstacle for me. Just need to do what's best for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending