The Student Room Group

Changing from EU student to migrant worker application

Hi,
I am a undergraduate psychology student starting my second year this September; I am an EU student therefore I have always applied for tuition fee loan as an EU student, however I have just realised I could have applied for both tuition fee and maintenance loan as a migrant worker since I work in the UK and I was living in the UK 3 years prior the start of my course. I was wondering if it was possible to change my application from EU student to migrant worker, I have contacted student finance and they said I should reapply for both tuition fee and maintenance loan as a migrant worker but this would imply my current EU tuition fee loan to be cancelled. They also said that if apply now I should still be able to get my tuition fee loan in place for October since applications usually take from 6 to 8 weeks to be processed, but what if the application takes longer that expected? Would my EU tuition loan be used to cover my fee or I should pay them by myself?
Original post by Francescasophi
Hi,
I am a undergraduate psychology student starting my second year this September; I am an EU student therefore I have always applied for tuition fee loan as an EU student, however I have just realised I could have applied for both tuition fee and maintenance loan as a migrant worker since I work in the UK and I was living in the UK 3 years prior the start of my course. I was wondering if it was possible to change my application from EU student to migrant worker, I have contacted student finance and they said I should reapply for both tuition fee and maintenance loan as a migrant worker but this would imply my current EU tuition fee loan to be cancelled. They also said that if apply now I should still be able to get my tuition fee loan in place for October since applications usually take from 6 to 8 weeks to be processed, but what if the application takes longer that expected? Would my EU tuition loan be used to cover my fee or I should pay them by myself?

Hi, if you meet the criteria listed here http://ow.ly/2x0230oL92f then you can send in the evidence and the PN1 paper form http://ow.ly/nZ4T30qijWe to apply as a Migrant Worker. Your EU application will be cancelled/deleted if you are accepted as a Migrant Worker and your account will be transferred from the EU system to the SFE system. If you apply now, I expect your funding to be delayed.

If you already have your EU application in place then your fees will be paid from the EU loan, if your Migrant Worker applicant gets approved then your EU application will be cancelled and any money paid to the university will be reversed/sent back to us and then the fees will be paid again from the SFE Migrant Worker funding/application.
Thanks, Isaac
Original post by SFE Isaac
Hi, if you meet the criteria listed here http://ow.ly/2x0230oL92f then you can send in the evidence and the PN1 paper form http://ow.ly/nZ4T30qijWe to apply as a Migrant Worker. Your EU application will be cancelled/deleted if you are accepted as a Migrant Worker and your account will be transferred from the EU system to the SFE system. If you apply now, I expect your funding to be delayed.

If you already have your EU application in place then your fees will be paid from the EU loan, if your Migrant Worker applicant gets approved then your EU application will be cancelled and any money paid to the university will be reversed/sent back to us and then the fees will be paid again from the SFE Migrant Worker funding/application.
Thanks, Isaac

Thank you very much for your reply,
Just one more question... since it is the first time I apply as a Migrant Worker shall I apply as a new student even if it is the second year I apply for student finance?
Original post by Francescasophi
Thank you very much for your reply,
Just one more question... since it is the first time I apply as a Migrant Worker shall I apply as a new student even if it is the second year I apply for student finance?

You're welcome. Yes you must apply as a new student as it's your first time applying as a Migrant Worker.
Thanks, Isaac

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending