I hate my race and can't accept it and its harming my mental health.

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My whole life has been me not liking or denying being my race. im sick of it and tired of it. I wish i was white and people would love and like me. Im so sick of it. this isnt even the whole issue but i cant explain alot. i cringe when i see my facial features and skin colour in the mirror. I become jealous seeing my cousins with their fair skin and nice hair and all my other cousins talk to eachother but probably inside they dont like my filty self. I wish i was denied from my country. Im literally done with this and ive gone through this since i was born so for nearly 15 years now. Im done and depressed and anxious. I want to take a dna test anf for it to show up less than 40% bl*ck. I dont want to be mostly that. Also on the internet everyone hates bl*ck people, saying things about them. I wish i had light skin, or i was european, or actually looked like the people were im from with light skin (white, tanned, chesnut, olive skinned idc just not my br*wn skin that i have) nice lips and nose, and luscious nice curly/wavy hair not this nest of hair i have. sorry for rambling but im so tired of this and i need help. my parents also worsened this when i was younger
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
My whole life has been me not liking or denying being my race. im sick of it and tired of it. I wish i was white and people would love and like me. Im so sick of it. this isnt even the whole issue but i cant explain alot. i cringe when i see my facial features and skin colour in the mirror. I become jealous seeing my cousins with their fair skin and nice hair and all my other cousins talk to eachother but probably inside they dont like my filty self. I wish i was denied from my country. Im literally done with this and ive gone through this since i was born so for nearly 15 years now. Im done and depressed and anxious. I want to take a dna test anf for it to show up less than 40% bl*ck. I dont want to be mostly that. Also on the internet everyone hates bl*ck people, saying things about them. I wish i had light skin, or i was european, or actually looked like the people were im from with light skin (white, tanned, chesnut, olive skinned idc just not my br*wn skin that i have) nice lips and nose, and luscious nice curly/wavy hair not this nest of hair i have. sorry for rambling but im so tired of this and i need help. my parents also worsened this when i was younger
Btw i meant i wish i was not denied from my country
Anonymous #1
Bump.
Lloyd98765
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I'm white and my wife is Bangladeshi,and I love her to bits, I dont think of her as any less of me, quite the opposite, she has so many qualities that I adore.
I know there is racism in the world, but im sure you will find plenty of people in the world who will accept you as you are.
I can't speak for anyone but my self this is just my personal experience
username5288932
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
._.
JustOneMoreThing
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm curious as to where on the internet you go to find that general consensus that black people are lesser than others?
Ramipril
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
People hate people of all races. There will always be somebody in the world who hates you for something you have/are for no reason, regardless of who you are. Those people are trash but are easy to avoid if you surround yourself with ok people. The internet is a breeding group for people who can throw insults because they hide behind a keyboard. I understand what you mean. My parents are black and white but I don't look like your typical mixed race girl, I look black. I love my skin colour but hate my hair. We all need to learn to love ourselves more, which is easier said than done.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by JustOneMoreThing)
I'm curious as to where on the internet you go to find that general consensus that black people are lesser than others?
Everywhere. Reddit, youtube etc. They make me depressed
Ramipril
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Everywhere. Reddit, youtube etc. They make me depressed
That's not 'everyone'.
alice544
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am BAME person. I think most BAME people go through a phase in there life where they wish they were white and try to reject their race/culture in order to assimilate with their peers especially if they grew up in predominantly white area. You need find love and acceptance for your race and culture, Don't push it away. It is apart of you whether you like it or not.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by alice544)
I am BAME person. I think most BAME people go through a phase in there life where they wish they were white and try to reject their race/culture in order to assimilate with their peers especially if they grew up in predominantly white area. You need find love and acceptance for your race and culture, Don't push it away. It is apart of you whether you like it or not.
Its not even my ethnicity or culture. I WANT to look like my ethncity or culture. but i dont.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Ramipril)
That's not 'everyone'.
Everyone will believe in what they say in a few years and hate bl*ck people. Something bad is going to happen to people who look like me. I think i can pass as mixed race and ill just claim im mixed so they dont do anything to me since they think i have their blood.
trapking
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by alice544)
I am BAME person. I think most BAME people go through a phase in there life where they wish they were white and try to reject their race/culture in order to assimilate with their peers especially
What dah?!
Ramipril
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Its harder when youre in my situation and feel like you dont belong. when you tell someone where youre from and theyre like 'no youre not thats impossible you dont look like it'. when people from your same ethnicity are so racist to you. when all your family look have light/olive/sometimes white skin and nice hair while i have to straighten my hair and it looks fake and damaged. when youve been raised to hate your skin and when you grow up to use the internet see anti - bl*ck people everywhere, see people denying you from your ethnicity. Im so sick of this and so tired of it and im so s**cid*l because of it
I do understand. I have had black people tell me I must be adopted because I'm so black and my dad is white. It's disgusting and something I've never, ever experienced with white people. I've also been treated as if I'm not 'black enough' by black people.

You need to stop allowing racists to have such a hold on you. These people are trash. Even if you magically changed race or whatever there would still be somebody out there who hates you unreasonably.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Everyone will believe in what they say in a few years and hate bl*ck people. Something bad is going to happen to people who look like me. I think i can pass as mixed race and ill just claim im mixed so they dont do anything to me since they think i have their blood.
I don't fully get what you're saying but if you're suggesting there's going to be a manhunt on black people then I think you're mistaken.
Tayaa8
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
God has made you the way you are a for a reason, you are beautifully made. Please don't seek validation from others, because your race is not in any way lesser than others. If anything, it's a blessing! So, i pray you accept yourself for the way you are and learn to love your race. God Bless
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Ramipril)
I do understand. I have had black people tell me I must be adopted because I'm so black and my dad is white. It's disgusting and something I've never, ever experienced with white people. I've also been treated as if I'm not 'black enough' by black people.

You need to stop allowing racists to have such a hold on you. These people are trash. Even if you magically changed race or whatever there would still be somebody out there who hates you unreasonably.
I know but its so hard. I literally cry everyday looking at the mirror. I hate my parents for putting me through this
trapking
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Tayaa8)
God has made you the way you are a for a reason, you are beautifully made. Please don't seek validation from others, because your race is not in any way lesser than others. If anything, it's a blessing! So, i pray you accept yourself for the way you are and learn to love your race. God Bless
The first sensible comment on this thread! Right on.
Anonymous #1
I don't fully get what you're saying but if you're suggesting there's going to be a manhunt on black people then I think you're mistaken.
That will happen im sure of it

(Original post by Tayaa8)
Thanks
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
I think most poc go through this at some point. Im Pakistani and I remember hating it and thinking it was so embarassing because of the way everyone talks about them and how there were no famous Pakistanis in media. when people used to ask where I was from I would tell them to guess because it was a compliment when they said anything other than Pakistani. But as I grew older I started to love everything about my culture and I wouldn't change it for the world. you should appreciate how beautiful black culture is! Black and south asian features are beautiful and literally what some white people pay millions for. I hated having dark skin till I realised how people spend so much money trying to make theirs darker. I hated my big nose until I started to appreciate the history and power. I hated my big lips and my big hips and now look how every influencer pays to get them. I only started appreciating beautiful poc at the age of 16/17 and I regret ever denying my race. black is beautiful!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year wil take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (32)
22.86%
Less motivated (108)
77.14%

Watched Threads