The Student Room Group

I hate my race and can't accept it and its harming my mental health.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I know but its so hard. I literally cry everyday looking at the mirror. I hate my parents for putting me through this

I think you need counselling.
Original post by Ramipril

She doesn't, she just needs to sit down with her parents and forgive them for what they have done to her.

She has a resentment that can only be overcomed by her forgiving her parents and letting go.
That will happen im sure of it

No it wont. No way would parliament or the military allow a manhunt on black people. I think youre just going through a confused time
Original post by trapking
She doesn't, she just needs to sit down with her parents and forgive them for what they have done to her.

She has a resentment that can only be overcomed by her forgiving her parents and letting go.

if you hate your race you probably need counselling. Not his/her parents fault for that but it seems they made it worse. of course theres no details given but it seems either way theyre having an identity crisis
I think most poc go through this at some point. Im Pakistani and I remember hating it and thinking it was so embarassing because of the way everyone talks about them and how there were no famous Pakistanis in media. when people used to ask where I was from I would tell them to guess because it was a compliment when they said anything other than Pakistani. But as I grew older I started to love everything about my culture and I wouldn't change it for the world. you should appreciate how beautiful black culture is! Black and south asian features are beautiful and literally what some white people pay millions for. I hated having dark skin till I realised how people spend so much money trying to make theirs darker. I hated my big nose until I started to appreciate the history and power. I hated my big lips and my big hips and now look how every influencer pays to get them. I only started appreciating beautiful poc at the age of 16/17 and I regret ever denying my race. black is beautiful!

Im very happy for you! And ik black culture is nice but i literally dont have a relation to it apart from my skin colour. But the problem lies with my 'native' country (though ppl are saying im not native to that country on the internet now). I look different from them, so different. I want to look like them and not be questioned. I would also like to be european but thats the least of my worries right now. I would much rather look North african like I am apparently. But i never will. Ill most likely just have plastic surgery and make my nose and lips smaller, then lighten my skin with bleach. seems extreme but i want to fit in

Family conselling then. There are some really major issues going on here and if her parents are the cause of all her problems, I doubt sitting down for a chat with them alone is going to be enough, since they probably have their own issues to be dealt with.
Everywhere. Reddit, youtube etc. They make me depressed

Yeah that's not true, I've been on Reddit and Youtube, so unless you've gone onto some Neo-Nazi channel or subreddit I'm afraid you're wrong.
Family conselling then. There are some really major issues going on here and if her parents are the cause of all her problems, I doubt sitting down for a chat with them alone is going to be enough.

It will be.

Don't waste your money on counselling OP.
Im very happy for you! And ik black culture is nice but i literally dont have a relation to it apart from my skin colour. But the problem lies with my 'native' country (though ppl are saying im not native to that country on the internet now). I look different from them, so different. I want to look like them and not be questioned. I would also like to be european but thats the least of my worries right now. I would much rather look North african like I am apparently. But i never will. Ill most likely just have plastic surgery and make my nose and lips smaller, then lighten my skin with bleach. seems extreme but i want to fit in

You'll still be who you are underneath it all. Plastic surgery won't help the issues going on in your mind.

Idk nothing will help me anymore. im a shell of a human

No it wont. No way would parliament or the military allow a manhunt on black people. I think youre just going through a confused time

The government will be filled with far right white supremacists since thats what most people will become and then that will happen
The government will be filled with far right white supremacists since thats what most people will become and then that will happen

No it wont. the government is reflecting ethnic minorities more and more every year. youre lying to yourself
Original post by JustOneMoreThing
Yeah that's not true, I've been on Reddit and Youtube, so unless you've gone onto some Neo-Nazi channel or subreddit I'm afraid you're wrong.

I see it everywhere

You'll still be who you are underneath it all. Plastic surgery won't help the issues going on in your mind.

It will make me fit in and feel better about myself. i want to be north african so badly because thats what i am, but ppl are saying im not now
No it wont. the government is reflecting ethnic minorities more and more every year. youre lying to yourself

Thats why ppl are hating poc. As i said before that wont happen any longer and black people will be kicked out or put in camps like the holocaust
It will make me fit in and feel better about myself. i want to be north african so badly because thats what i am, but ppl are saying im not now

You're willing to change your body and spend a lot of money to essentially satisfy the desire of people who aren't worth your time? What happens if it doesn't work and you still feel **** after?
Idk nothing will help me anymore. im a shell of a human

Talking to a professional might. I know what it feels like to hate your body. Talking to someone could help.
Thats why ppl are hating poc. As i said before that wont happen any longer and black people will be kicked out or put in camps like the holocaust

youre deluded or a troll
I see it everywhere

No, you don't.

If you don't see it on YT and Reddit then where on the Internet do you see it exactly?
It will be.

Don't waste your money on counselling OP.

I think you're the little devil on OP's shoulder feeding her bad advice.
youre deluded or a troll

Im not a troll. just bcos people dont share you views doesnt mean theyre trolls

You're willing to change your body and spend a lot of money to essentially satisfy the desire of people who aren't worth your time? What happens if it doesn't work and you still feel **** after?

Talking to a professional might. I know what it feels like to hate your body. Talking to someone could help.

My parents will NEVER get me any therapy or anything

Original post by JustOneMoreThing
No, you don't.

If you don't see it on YT and Reddit then where on the Internet do you see it exactly?

Youtube comment section
I can't believe what im reading I get it is your experience but I'm just assuming you are 16 years old or younger. You need to surround yourself with supportive people whether this be family or people who look like you. What you are saying about black people is ridiculous and you need to stop seeing this negativity. I am unsure if you are black or asian because as black people- we don't think like this. Yes sometimes it can be uncomfortable but you need too start taking pride in yourself. If someone saw you, they may aspire to look like you. If it helps, whatever skin tone/ race you are, search for celebrities that look like you or just beautiful people who look like you and I guarantee it will give you confidence
I think you're the little devil on OP's shoulder feeding her bad advice.

Try again.

She clearly resents her parents and very likely she hates her father too. That is why she is feeling the way she is.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending