The Student Room Group

I hate my race and can't accept it and its harming my mental health.

Scroll to see replies

It sounds like you have fallen victim to colourism by those around you - remember that is a problem in a lot of BAME communities as a result of colonisation. I see the same problem in my own South Asian problem all the time. It is absolutely not true, darker skin is just as beautiful as lighter skin. Beyonce even made a song about how beautiful darker skin is. Do not let the small minded people around you make you feel alien to the culture you were born and raised into.
Be resilient, I know it's hard but you can do it. I know that loads of idiots are saying horrible things about Black people right now but they are RACIST and to even consider their comments as valid is giving them more attention and credibility than they deserve. The flip side of this is that many people are starting to appreciate Black culture and realise how much it influences them positively on a daily basis from music to fashion to academics.
Since you're already using social media to feed into your negative thoughts, try using it to have a more positive mindset espeically in a time like this where people are proud to belong to such an enriching culture. I'm sure there are other people having the same problem as you and feel the exact same way, try finding them!
Original post by Anonymous
Thats why ppl are hating poc. As i said before that wont happen any longer and black people will be kicked out or put in camps like the holocaust

You are definitely not alright in the head, darling.
It upsets me reading this, I used to be that person and eventually I grew up to love my race. I blame Eurocentric beauty standards being pushed in reality tv and pop culture

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending