Report 3 weeks ago
I have the best team name:
Lallana Rhodes
faizanarshad360
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I completely forgot we had to post team names (lol).

Mine is Calm as you like FC
Stiff Little Fingers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Genuinely hate this BGW for both manchester clubs - Got to have a slightly weak team for the first week to bench the likes of KDB and Bruno, book in first week transfers or hit a very early wildcard. Such a pain to plan around.
sr90
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
Genuinely hate this BGW for both manchester clubs - Got to have a slightly weak team for the first week to bench the likes of KDB and Bruno, book in first week transfers or hit a very early wildcard. Such a pain to plan around
Will need to be quick because KDB, Bruno, Martial etc are going to rise in price very quickly.

I think i'm going to leave 1.5m ITB to change Son with Bruno as soon as possible after the deadline.
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Lol why are so many strikers/forwards now listed as midfield players?
Becca216
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Zerforax)
I was very confused about that too
Stiff Little Fingers
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Consistency. Mane, Salah and Sterling were wide forwards who were listed as midfielders for years, they've now applied that to wide forwards at other clubs and strikers are just those who play predominantly through the centre. I'd have instead made Salah, Mane and Sterling forwards but either way
EpicBrum
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Consistency. Mane, Salah and Sterling were wide forwards who were listed as midfielders for years, they've now applied that to wide forwards at other clubs and strikers are just those who play predominantly through the centre. I'd have instead made Salah, Mane and Sterling forwards but either way
Not that I agree with it but I can see why they've done it that way around. It's probably because only get 3 slots for forwards and moving even more into the forwards slot would be a bit much for such a small slot selection.
Stiff Little Fingers
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by EpicBrum)
Not that I agree with it but I can see why they've done it that way around. It's probably because only get 3 slots for forwards and moving even more into the forwards slot would be a bit much for such a small slot selection
Honestly I think they need to change the slots distribution. 2-5-5-3 is basically built off 4-4-2 with a bench player for every area that you can then work from, but the classic 4-4-2 is mostly dead as a formation nowadays
EpicBrum
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Honestly I think they need to change the slots distribution. 2-5-5-3 is basically built off 4-4-2 with a bench player for every area that you can then work from, but the classic 4-4-2 is mostly dead as a formation nowadays
Yeah that definitely makes sense. FPL aren't known for doing things that make sense though so I can't see that happening anytime soon.
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Back in the day you might have had wingers but more often now you see basically 3 forwards. Striker selection is pretty poor.
Stiff Little Fingers
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Back in the day you might have had wingers but more often now you see basically 3 forwards. Striker selection is pretty poor.
Yes, but you have forwards who play through the centre (Jiminez, Vardy, Aguero, Kane etc) and forwards who play from out wide cutting in (Mane, Salah, Sterling, Son). The latter group should be set consistently, either as forwards and acknowledging the way modern football is often played or as midfielders from the old ridged formations, but splitting them out as was just meant Salah and Mane would always be far more value than Auba because of the extra point per goal and clean sheets.
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
This is going to be a nightmare to set up.
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes, but you have forwards who play through the centre (Jiminez, Vardy, Aguero, Kane etc) and forwards who play from out wide cutting in (Mane, Salah, Sterling, Son). The latter group should be set consistently, either as forwards and acknowledging the way modern football is often played or as midfielders from the old ridged formations, but splitting them out as was just meant Salah and Mane would always be far more value than Auba because of the extra point per goal and clean sheets.
I think someone else made the good point that the set up seems to be geared on a 4-4-2 with an extra slot for each area of the pitch (to make 11 + 4).

Yea I think they need a re-think. Who still plays a 4-4-2 anymore?
Smooth Sailing
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
In. Team Name: Toon Army
hogree
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
in - What's Samatta?

This BGW is making things so much more spicy i love it
KamrulTaiff
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
In - Penandez FC
RVNmax
  • Study Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
FabShaqFirminamanemo

Only did mine last min. Not sure if I've got the time to do it properly this season.
Mess.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Picked Mane over Salah and captained him :rolleyes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (28)
18.92%
No (120)
81.08%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed