Home fee status for EU students

Watch
Oblivious_1510
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
On the 23rd of June Michelle Donelan, Minister of State for Universities of the UK, has announced that prospective EU students will no longer be eligible for financial support and home fees at English universities. The application process for students starting college in year 2021-2022 will start in a few months. Many of us have planned studying in the United Kingdom for a couple years and are now faced with very little time to deal with the sudden change. The fees rising and the lack of access to student loans makes studying in the UK no longer accessible for many individuals. This issue concerns our plans for the future and may take away our chance to obtain the type of education we desire. Moreover, in the current pandemic, the economic situation of many families has become worse, which further disables many young people's aspirations to study abroad, specifically in the United Kingdom. We call upon for a gradual change, spanning over a longer period, that would maintain the current fees and financial support for students applying to British universities for the year 2021/22 and allow both parties to brace for new regulations. Please sign this petition to encourage the British parliament to reconsider their decision.

https://www.change.org/p/the-british...h-universities

Please sign this petition! Support is needed! The tories are turning education into a business!!!
Last edited by Oblivious_1510; 1 month ago
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Oblivious_1510)
On the 23rd of June Michelle Donelan, Minister of State for Universities of the UK, has announced that prospective EU students will no longer be eligible for financial support and home fees at English universities. The application process for students starting college in year 2021-2022 will start in a few months. Many of us have planned studying in the United Kingdom for a couple years and are now faced with very little time to deal with the sudden change. The fees rising and the lack of access to student loans makes studying in the UK no longer accessible for many individuals. This issue concerns our plans for the future and may take away our chance to obtain the type of education we desire. Moreover, in the current pandemic, the economic situation of many families has become worse, which further disables many young people's aspirations to study abroad, specifically in the United Kingdom. We call upon for a gradual change, spanning over a longer period, that would maintain the current fees and financial support for students applying to British universities for the year 2021/22 and allow both parties to brace for new regulations. Please sign this petition to encourage the British parliament to reconsider their decision.

http://chng.it/YbSXWJ4M2P

Please sign this petition! Support is needed! The tories are turning education into a business!!!
How is your thread related to the petition?
One is about A level grades and the other is about EU fees?
Oblivious_1510
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by 999tigger)
How is your thread related to the petition?
One is about A level grades and the other is about EU fees?
Oh sorry for the confusion. I kinda mixed up the link with my other post.
999tigger
Report 1 month ago
Oh sorry for the confusion. I kinda mixed up the link with my other post.
My advice is get great grades and then take a year out/ get a job to see if the no deal finally collpases or after cv19 they breathe some life into it.
At the moment the UK is being mnade to beg, which it wont do, so I dont see a deal. We have too many unis anyway so I dont think it would be altogether too bad if they shrank a bit.

You were just unlucky for when you were born. In any event we are in recessions so youd have trouble getting a job.
999tigger
Report 1 month ago
The problem here is that some students who just missed a grade didn't get a place in their preferred uni. For example, my friend's target was to get AA*A, but she got AAA. And the uni rejected her, which is unjust as she got great grades. Also, what about when the government told the unis to be flexible? The unis aren't as flexible as it was said they would be!!!
What are you talking about? The thread youi started is about EU entitlement to UK fees.
If she didnt make the offer , then that is not unjust or the unis fault. Great does not = the stated grades.
Unis cant be flexible if the places are already taken.
Other_Owl
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If EU universities get the domestic rates then EU universities must charge the domestic rates to UK nationals. There are 10,000 courses in English ranging from free to a few grand throughout the EU.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you confident you could find support for your mental health if you needed it in COVID-19?

Yes (74)
21.39%
No (272)
78.61%

Watched Threads