How to balance both ucat and revision for a levels?

Watch
jinsan_19
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Im not going to lie, im so stressed for ucat. I spend 5 hours a day revising for ucat and thats all i do. My ucat is on sep 5 while mocks start on sep 21. Do you have any tips for me studying for mocks and my personal statement since i havent started.
inara_30
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
my ucat is in 10 days and my mockks are at a similar time to yours as well . i'm also doing 5hrs of ucat a day and then i'm doing 1hr 40. - 2 hrs of 2 out of 3 alevels a day. i'm ngl i'm also starting to feel a bit stressed becayse i have been practising for a month now for my ucat and i feel like i haven't improved and the fact that it's in 10 days is making me feel super worried. i'm not too worried about my mocks now because obviously once ucat is over you can prioritise the ucat revision time from before into the mocks revision so i guess focus on revising for your ucat for now but then also include a few hours of mock revision as well .during your rest periods, start researching personal statement examples especially as medicine is a competitive course and start now because september will be a hectic month for everyone so don't procastinate and start now! hope this helps
jinsan_19
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by inara_30)
my ucat is in 10 days and my mockks are at a similar time to yours as well . i'm also doing 5hrs of ucat a day and then i'm doing 1hr 40. - 2 hrs of 2 out of 3 alevels a day. i'm ngl i'm also starting to feel a bit stressed becayse i have been practising for a month now for my ucat and i feel like i haven't improved and the fact that it's in 10 days is making me feel super worried. i'm not too worried about my mocks now because obviously once ucat is over you can prioritise the ucat revision time from before into the mocks revision so i guess focus on revising for your ucat for now but then also include a few hours of mock revision as well .during your rest periods, start researching personal statement examples especially as medicine is a competitive course and start now because september will be a hectic month for everyone so don't procastinate and start now! hope this helps
Thank you. Yea im gonna start doing 1-2 hour of a level revision but the thing is it's soon hard cos I'm so tired after doing ucat and get so unmotivated. But I'll try my best. Good luck to you too.
Med3
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
For UKCAT u dont need to overdo it, i think i did a couple hours revision a day for 2-3 weeks ish and it went well. The main thing is getting familiar with the timings. I only used Medify.
inara_30
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by jinsan_19)
Thank you. Yea im gonna start doing 1-2 hour of a level revision but the thing is it's soon hard cos I'm so tired after doing ucat and get so unmotivated. But I'll try my best. Good luck to you too.
good luck to you as well
inara_30
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Med3)
For UKCAT u dont need to overdo it, i think i did a couple hours revision a day for 2-3 weeks ish and it went well. The main thing is getting familiar with the timings. I only used Medify.
ok i have recently been feeling a liitle overwhelmed with it so i'm now reducing my time studying - my brain needs a rest i think. thanks and yh i'm using medify too
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (103)
13.29%
I'm not sure (33)
4.26%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (238)
30.71%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.45%
I'm not a current university student (382)
49.29%

Watched Threads