The Student Room Group

Economics at University

I am going to apply for an economics degree/major for undergrad and considering an MBA afterwards, but I'm undecided between UK and US universities for undergraduate.

I am going to apply to these universities:
Harvard
MIT
Stanford
Princeton
Cambridge
LSE
And other UK ones, e.g. UCL, Warwick, but not too interested in these.

However I have also looked into University of Pennsylvania and Yale, are these worth considering?

Can anyone help me to decide which university I should 'prioritise' (which are the best in terms of content, employability, reputation, etc.), and help me form a list of universities in order of preference?
I suggest you think about US's university system of major and minor and UK's system of the focus is just economics - hopefully that will help you out. Also, think about your financial situation if you decided to apply for a US uni or a UK uni
I agree with what PetitePanda said. But as a Y13 myself, who wants to do economics in university as well, I'd go with the US option. You're lucky that its an option for you, and if you can get into those schools mentioned in your list, it'd be amazing. I dunno about MIT economics, but Harvard & Princeton are 2 that I always really wanted to attend. Also, being able to have a major & minor is advantageous for econ, bc you could minor in something that really complements it (like Math) which vastly increases your chances of employability. For me, US isnt an option hence I am applying to the UK - but I'll probably have to do a Bsc Econ first, then do a Masters in something like Finance/Maths.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending