The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Uni of Sheffield: Endcliffe Howden questions?

Im starting at the University of Sheffield this September. I am looking for people who have stayed in Howden Endcliffe before. I have 2 questions:

1. In Howden what colour are the walls in the room?

2. The accommodation has an induction hob and I'm looking how expensive the special pans I need are :0 Any recommendations of anywhere to buy them as sadly I have already bought normal pans and don't know if I can afford induction pans now :frown:

Thanks in advance :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Im starting at the University of Sheffield this September. I am looking for people who have stayed in Howden Endcliffe before. I have 2 questions:

2. The accommodation has an induction hob and I'm looking how expensive the special pans I need are :0 Any recommendations of anywhere to buy them as sadly I have already bought normal pans and don't know if I can afford induction pans now :frown:

I got cheap induction pans from B&M and dunelm if you have any of those nearby :smile:
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Hi, when did you apply for student accommodation and how long did they take to reply?
Thank you.
Reply 3
Original post by UnknownDragon131
Hi, when did you apply for student accommodation and how long did they take to reply?
Thank you.

Hi, I had city accommodation already at Sheffield before results day. On results day I emailed the accommodation office to ask if I could move to Endcliffe and within 20mins they had done it :smile:

Hi!

I lived in Howden in my first year and in my block (which was C-D), the walls were red. If I remember correctly, the A-B block had blue walls, but I'm not entirely sure. Luckily, both colours are quite pleasant and if it happens to find out that your flat has a wall colour that you don't like, most students decorate their rooms. Although all the rooms are nearly identical, about a week after everyone from my flat moved in and we all started putting up photos and posters, our rooms looked really distinctive, so it's very easy to make your room look and feel more personal.

We had induction hobs as well but I'm not sure if any of us used induction pans. Most of us had regular ones and they worked just fine and nothing bad ever happened to the hobs. I'd say you could try to use the ones you already bought if you're not willing to change them right now and see if they do the job. If you don't like the way they work or if you happen to hear that you have to get different ones (although that wasn't the case in my experience), @thegalaxy is completely right, B&M or Wilko will have cheap ones.

If there's anything else you'd like to know prior to coming here to study, feel free to ask! :smile:

Andreea
3rd year student
BA Politics & Philosophy

Any chance you'd upload some pics of the room or kitchen? Wanna know how to decorate etc xx
Hi all,

Just to let you all know, the University Accommodation Team will be hosting an information session on Wednesday the 10th of March 2021, where you'll be able to find out loads more about living in Endcliffe/Ranmoor. You can find out more about this session on the Sheffield Live web pages, as well as see the schedule of other upcoming sessions

- Ben :smile:
Sheffield Graduate
BSc Molecular Biology, MSc Human and Molecular Genetics

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending