The Student Room Group

pharma (life sciences) help on potential degrees

For a long while I thought i would go into med but although im going to sit the UCAT i dont want to cancel all my options completely.
I was thinking of the pharmaceutical side of sciences but i know i dont want to work in a pharmacy but rather in a company perhaps designing drugs and doing research of a sort. I was wondering what degrees I could go for hopefully top London unis.
If anyone could prove input id appreciate it as i dont have many sources :smile:
Original post by Najma22
For a long while I thought i would go into med but although im going to sit the UCAT i dont want to cancel all my options completely.
I was thinking of the pharmaceutical side of sciences but i know i dont want to work in a pharmacy but rather in a company perhaps designing drugs and doing research of a sort. I was wondering what degrees I could go for hopefully top London unis.
If anyone could prove input id appreciate it as i dont have many sources :smile:

i graduated in 2017 in biochem. the most important thing is not where you study or what you study, but whether you have the dedication to stomach doing a PhD and all the years of work that entails. there are very few good careers in pharma/life sciences without one. there are some, but generally they will be only vaguely-related, eg. working in Human Resources at a pharma company (as a completely random example)
Reply 2
Would i need to do a PhD?

Original post by A Rolling Stone
i graduated in 2017 in biochem. the most important thing is not where you study or what you study, but whether you have the dedication to stomach doing a PhD and all the years of work that entails. there are very few good careers in pharma/life sciences without one. there are some, but generally they will be only vaguely-related, eg. working in Human Resources at a pharma company (as a completely random example)

Quick Reply

Latest