history coursework

Watch this thread
marisa19
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
any help with finding historians for history coursework? i am doing either violence driving the civil rights movement or about racial hierarchy, i have struggled to find primary sources and historians for either topic though!! so if anyone has any ideas please let me know
redmeercat
Badges: 15
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Hi! I struggled with this when I was doing my coursework last year, but I found that Google scholar had a lot of good articles, you can also look at newspaper archives online, cartoons can also be helpful, although perhaps avoid using too many of these since they take up words when you have to describe them! You can also quote TV/ radio interviews by people involved, and/or news stories about them.
username3508100
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I found some of my historians by looking at the references of Wikipedia pages relevant to what I was studying, there were also a lot of references at the back of textbooks too, so I bought their books and went from there
marisa19
Rep:
(Original post by redmeercat)
Hi! I struggled with this when I was doing my coursework last year, but I found that Google scholar had a lot of good articles, you can also look at newspaper archives online, cartoons can also be helpful, although perhaps avoid using too many of these since they take up words when you have to describe them! You can also quote TV/ radio interviews by people involved, and/or news stories about them.
thanks so much!! do you just search up newspapers archives to find them??
marisa19
Rep:
thank you so much!!
marisa19
Rep:
(Original post by wastedcuriosity)
I found some of my historians by looking at the references of Wikipedia pages relevant to what I was studying, there were also a lot of references at the back of textbooks too, so I bought their books and went from there
thank you so much for the idea!!
redmeercat
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Yes,there was a specific website that I used last year, I'll link it if I can find it, but yeah, you can just search newspaper archives
marisa19
Rep:
(Original post by redmeercat)
Yes,there was a specific website that I used last year, I'll link it if I can find it, but yeah, you can just search newspaper archives
amazing thanks so much! lmk if u find the website pls!!
Mohammad_Umer
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hi,
You should buy some books of history lecture's For your learning and confirm that book you purchased that Which country region i mean which country history Want to you learn a specific or a worldwide history.....And also learn and the read a general knowledge books for general Q/A for the history and improve your ability...Best Of Luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (19)
20.21%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (11)
11.7%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (5)
5.32%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (16)
17.02%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (23)
24.47%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (20)
21.28%

Watched Threads