hzz.7
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi,

How do you revise GCSE Spanish?I have just been doing memrise with the module vocab. Any other recommendations about how to revise Spanish or a subject in general? I am on module 5 with school

Thanks
Becca216
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Learn your vocab as you are doing, make sure you know all the different tenses - their endings and when to use them (you may not have been taught all of these yet but make sure you know their ones you have been taught). If you have started to write any of your answers to the speaking component then start to memorise them - this will reduce the amount you have to learn nearer the time. Hope this helps
redmeercat
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Get the relevant revision workbook and do the exercises, mark them, then go over anything you get wrong such as vocab you don't know, conjugations you get wrong or grammar you're uncertain about. I used to do a translation I to french every morning, and that really helped me to identify my weak points and work on all aspects of the language!
It's also important to practice speaking and listening. To do this, you can use podcasts such as the news in slow Spanish, listen to Spanish music and watch Spanish TV with Spanish and English subtitles (you can get Netflix extensions which let you have subtitles in two languages at the same time). For speaking, you should try to speak to your teacher in Spanish whenever you can, and you can speak to yourself and describe your day and your thoughts whilst you're tidying your room or whatever!
Ensoetre
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Honestly if you’re just looking for a decent grade make sure your speaking is perfected and you’ll be fine 😂 grade boundaries normally aren’t that high
lucybirdx
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by hzz.7)
Hi,

How do you revise GCSE Spanish?I have just been doing memrise with the module vocab. Any other recommendations about how to revise Spanish or a subject in general? I am on module 5 with school

Thanks
For GCSE I made a vocab list for each topic and memorised it, learned all the tenses (it can be helpful to learn some tenses that are A Level ones too because they'll up your score a lot and mean you can afford to make a few mistakes), made a list of idioms and a list of common subjunctive phrases (again, easy ways to get your marks really high). The last thing is I looked at all the common grammar mistakes I made and wrote down the grammar rules (eg: por Vs para). There are plenty of past papers for the listening, reading and writing online (your teacher should mark your writing), and for speaking you can either make a question sheet or use one from your school to go over questions until you're confident with them
Dancer2001
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Try watching Spanish tv on Netflix, but don’t put English subtitles on. Try to do Spanish with Spanish subtitles. If it’s too hard, try kids TV or maybe nature programmes where they talk really slowly.
This gives you a really wide range of vocab to use, I regret not doing it enough. I always used to get lazy and put English subtitles on, then I would just end up reading them.
If you’re feeling really motivated you could even write episode reviews, then you’re practicing more skills.
Last edited by Dancer2001; 1 year ago
fijitastic
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Exam papers are the key! Memrise and quizlet are also amazing for vocab but grammar is equally as important. Test yourself on the different verb tenses and endings. Using set phrases is one way to get the top marks in your writing/speaking. Things like "ojala pudiera..", "cuando era.."

I'm doing A Level Spanish so feel free to PM me!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel A-level Economics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (43)
15.41%
The paper was reasonable (141)
50.54%
Not feeling great about that exam... (69)
24.73%
It was TERRIBLE (26)
9.32%

Watched Threads