Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I am going to University of law to study LLB Law for one year then transfer to Kings college london because i am aware most law firms like law grads from those unis... So, the question is university of law good for LLB or undergrads?
Anonymous #1
This is for law uk students. Is university of law a good uni to study LLB Law??? I’m going there for a year then transfer to a Russell group uni e.g. UCL
Catherine1973
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Why or how would you transfer? Transfers are unlikely especially going up the rankings.
If you want to go to another university, best to apply there in first place..
Anonymous #1
I was too late to apply other unis since I went through clearing and I have an offer to study LLB Law at ULaw and my previous uni for foundation year wasn’t so great...
Catherine1973
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
U law is okay but only take a place there if you want to spend 3 years there. You won’t be able to transfer to a Russel group in year 2, maybe you could transfer to another u-law campus though? That’s probably an option.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Are you sure that KCL accept year 2 transfers for law?
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I am going to University of law to study LLB Law for one year then transfer to Kings college london because i am aware most law firms like law grads from those unis... So, the question is university of law good for LLB or undergrads?
Kings hardly ever accept second year transfers as it is unlikely the first year modules will be identical to those at the University of Law. Plus they would look very closely at your A level grades (or equivalent) even if they were to consider a transfer.

So the question is more whether you would be happy to do 3 years at the University of Law if you can't transfer to Kings at the end of Year 1?
Arisapo
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
I echo what the others have said.

I’d rate your chances of transferring from the UoL to Kings is virtually impossible. Kings is hard enough to get in as it is, and won’t accept transfers, even if you got 80 in your first year. Modules will be different, and your grades likely aren’t competitive enough for it.

Would you be happy to study at the University of Law for the whole 3 years? If not, is there somewhere else you’d rather attend?

Forget about Kings.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (49)
17.75%
No one else does (87)
31.52%
I'm embarrassed about my background (28)
10.14%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (93)
33.7%
We don't use a video platform (6)
2.17%
I don't have a camera (7)
2.54%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
2.17%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise