username3754758
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I applied to two different unis in clearing. I decided to go with the one i wanted to as I did some research into it and its more suited for me. So i put the course for my clearing choice. But because i havent put the other uni for my clearing choice, they keep calling me everyday in the morning saying that if i want to accept the offer i need to go to track. I've told them ive already filled my clearing choice on track but they still keep calling. Surely they can see that i have? Do i just send them a email saying i want to reject their offer as the uni i want to go to has accepted my clearing offer now?
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
You could just block their number or do they come up as 'private'?
remussjhj01
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Do you currently have an unconditional firm from the uni you WANT to go to that you have accepted (would say something like 'your place at *uni* is confirmed'? If you do, they should have seen that you've accepted another offer.
Next time they call, I would say you should specify you accepted an offer from another university, and you no longer need a clearing place from them. If they call again after that, email them. If they continue to call even after you've told them by phone and email and you're SURE you've accepted an UNCONDITIONAL FIRM PLACE, block the number if you can.
username3754758
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
(Original post by remussjhj01)
Do you currently have an unconditional firm from the uni you WANT to go to that you have accepted (would say something like 'your place at *uni* is confirmed'? If you do, they should have seen that you've accepted another offer.
Next time they call, I would say you should specify you accepted an offer from another university, and you no longer need a clearing place from them. If they call again after that, email them. If they continue to call even after you've told them by phone and email and you're SURE you've accepted an UNCONDITIONAL FIRM PLACE, block the number if you can.
Thanks for your help, Yeah it says 'your place at *uni* is confirmed. It has the decline your place button but it does not say unconditional firm yet. Yeah i was going to block the number but they ring on private lol.
remussjhj01
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by dj_ad_1)
Thanks for your help, Yeah it says 'your place at *uni* is confirmed. It has the decline your place button but it does not say unconditional firm yet. Yeah i was going to block the number but they ring on private lol.
It might be that your firm is still conditional? Be very firm next time they call that you won't be accepting their offer, and perhaps explicitly ask them to stop calling you? Don't be rude about it.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Tell them that you want them to remove your phone number from their call list. And that if they call you again that you will report them to the Information Commissioner for breaking GDPR law and to UCAS for harassing an applicant who is placed elsewhere.

If you have the “decline my place” button then you’re confirmed (unconditional firm) at your clearing choice.
username3754758
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by PQ)
Tell them that you want them to remove your phone number from their call list. And that if they call you again that you will report them to the Information Commissioner for breaking GDPR law and to UCAS for harassing an applicant who is placed elsewhere.

If you have the “decline my place” button then you’re confirmed (unconditional firm) at your clearing choice.
Ohh ok thanks they havent called me today not as of yet but yeah thanks for your advice
Yeah i have that button but will it not say 'unconditional firm'?
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Ohh ok thanks they havent called me today not as of yet but yeah thanks for your advice
Yeah i have that button but will it not say 'unconditional firm'?
UCAS decided a few years ago that unconditional firm was too confusing for applicants
username3754758
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
(Original post by PQ)
UCAS decided a few years ago that unconditional firm was too confusing for applicants
Ahh i see i thought it wouldve been because people are still waiting for appeals for their grades and unis this yr are being flexible about it so unis will only make it unconditional firm at the start of sep
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Ahh i see i thought it wouldve been because people are still waiting for appeals for their grades and unis this yr are being flexible about it so unis will only make it unconditional firm at the start of sep
The decline my choice button is linked to unconditional firm status. You’re in
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (139)
42.51%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (38)
11.62%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (27)
8.26%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (70)
21.41%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (34)
10.4%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (19)
5.81%

Watched Threads