Anonymonious
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
If you have no science background, how should you prepare for a Podiatry degree, e.g. what knowledge should you prioritise pre-learning?

Secondly, how much anatomy is there in a Podiatry degree, do you have to know the anatomy of the whole body in depth, or just the ankle and foot?
Anonymonious
Rep:
?
bump
fifihkiwi
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
bump
Jamesbd36
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
It's all anatomy, medicine and physiology. It's a extremely busy difficult indeph medical degree...

I have wrote previous comments on my experience of the course, I can't be bothered writing it all again, however feel free to look through my prev comments and posts.
Anonymonious
Rep:
?
bump
Jamesbd36
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I would start studying the different body systems, keep in basic at 1st and build on it, vascular etc also learn different muscles of lower limb and there function in terms of foot inversion Everton, dorsi & planter flextion, adduction abduction. Nerve supply and arterial supply of lower limb... Good luck
Jamesbd36
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by polpo)
Thanks for the reply.

Would they ever require you to learn upper body anatomy in depth, or would it only be a general overview?

Also what kind if revision books would you recommend to be useful in terms of summarizing information?
I would think higher human biology books would be a good place to start, sumemrise the different body systems. Get a good physiopherapy, educational book aswell on muscle and movements make sure u learn it all for lower limb
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (185)
14.17%
I'm not sure (59)
4.52%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (382)
29.25%
I have already dropped out (37)
2.83%
I'm not a current university student (643)
49.23%

Watched Threads