The Student Room Group

Psychology adjustment 2020

Hey there, I was wondering if anyone had any advice when it comes to looking for adjustment. I've spent so long going through all of the websites that say if university is doing adjustment only to find myself having to look again because the uni either doesn't have any spaces, is incredibly far away or is out of my reach/worse than what im going for now (for clarification im currently accepted into Birmingham city university for a BBC But I achieved an ABB) I just want to know if anyone has any advice or better yet knows any unis around the 128-136 tariff points range currently doing adjustment?

Thank you
Original post by JinxMcBinx
Hey there, I was wondering if anyone had any advice when it comes to looking for adjustment. I've spent so long going through all of the websites that say if university is doing adjustment only to find myself having to look again because the uni either doesn't have any spaces, is incredibly far away or is out of my reach/worse than what im going for now (for clarification im currently accepted into Birmingham city university for a BBC But I achieved an ABB) I just want to know if anyone has any advice or better yet knows any unis around the 128-136 tariff points range currently doing adjustment?

Thank you

Have you tried using the UCAS clearing search? Although obviously this might not produce better universities, if a university still has places in clearing then they'll very likely be happy to accept people from adjustment for the same course :yep:
For example, Nottingham are looking for AAB but might consider you with ABB if you have a science A level, as is QMUL. Reading is looking for ABB. Southampton is looking for AAB but would likely take ABB if you've done an EPQ? Wawrick and York are both also in there, although again potentially looking for more like AAB-AAA
UEA is looking for ABB, Essex BBB, Leicester AAB-BBB. Essentially what I'm saying is there are loads of options out there, you have to decide for yourself if they'd be better than Birmingham City. I don't know which area of the UK you're looking for, but you can narrow that down on the UCAS clearing search too if you want yo :yep:
Hi.
Have you considered Swansea? They accept ABB.
Reply 3
Original post by Lemur14
Have you tried using the UCAS clearing search? Although obviously this might not produce better universities, if a university still has places in clearing then they'll very likely be happy to accept people from adjustment for the same course :yep:
For example, Nottingham are looking for AAB but might consider you with ABB if you have a science A level, as is QMUL. Reading is looking for ABB. Southampton is looking for AAB but would likely take ABB if you've done an EPQ? Wawrick and York are both also in there, although again potentially looking for more like AAB-AAA
UEA is looking for ABB, Essex BBB, Leicester AAB-BBB. Essentially what I'm saying is there are loads of options out there, you have to decide for yourself if they'd be better than Birmingham City. I don't know which area of the UK you're looking for, but you can narrow that down on the UCAS clearing search too if you want yo :yep:

Thank you, I sometimes find the ucas clearing search is a bit behind but I may be getting websites mixed up. These are unis I've looked at to a degree, i'll have to look at them more in depth. While I'm looking, would you mind me asking what you opinion is on the importance of student satisfaction in a course? I think a few of these had pretty low satisfaction ratings and that worries me
Reply 4
Original post by Phoenixfeather99
Hi.
Have you considered Swansea? They accept ABB.

I'll have to give Swansea another look, I think from what I heard the town wasn't incredible for student life but I may have not read enough reviews to get a fair estimate.
Original post by JinxMcBinx
Thank you, I sometimes find the ucas clearing search is a bit behind but I may be getting websites mixed up. These are unis I've looked at to a degree, i'll have to look at them more in depth. While I'm looking, would you mind me asking what you opinion is on the importance of student satisfaction in a course? I think a few of these had pretty low satisfaction ratings and that worries me

tbh I've never gone through clearing so I've no idea how quickly courses get added/removed!
I've never filled out a satisfaction survey, but my impression of them is they're more often completed by those who are unhappy rather than those that are perfectly content. Possibly if you were entirely unsure between two then it could be a tie-breaker, but I wouldn't look at it more than that unless you had other concerns about the uni.

Quick Reply

Latest