The Student Room Group

struggling with a level chemistry and i need an A

i have mocks coming up when college opens again and i don’t feel prepared at all. i need an A in chemistry but i was consistently getting C’s-E’s during year 12 and i was lazy during lockdown. how do i get an A by studying for a month, i find studying for chemistry difficult & i’m not sure how to go about it
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by mxx454
i have mocks coming up when college opens again and i don’t feel prepared at all. i need an A in chemistry but i was consistently getting C’s-E’s during year 12 and i was lazy during lockdown. how do i get an A by studying for a month, i find studying for chemistry difficult & i’m not sure how to go about it

Hi! I'm also in year 12 studying Chemistry and the things I would suggest you do are these:
- Focus on your weak topics
- Attempt lots of exam-questions! You will see they start 'repeating' as the questions are similar and just re-worded.
- Memorise definitions! They are easy marks
- Know your mechanisms. As my Chemistry teacher says, don't bother writing the exam if you don't know your mechanisms!

Let me know if there is any topic you struggle on and I will help. Is this AS Chemistry you will be tested on?
go over your past exams and focus making notes and understanding all the areas you’re not so sure on and definitely do loads of practice questions because they’re all quite repetitive. definitely keep practicing your definitions/formulae/mechanisms and write them out from memory
good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest