The Student Room Group

Should I move school?

Hi, I’m currently awaiting my GCSE Results and had no doubt in my mind about returning to my current school that I have attended for the last 5 years. It’s top grades in the country and I have lots of close friends there.

Although recently I’ve started to talk to some of my Friends who attend a different school and they seem to really love it there. My sister goes and the teaching is really good, which young interactive teachers. Where’s my school all we do in class is sit in silence doing past papers not speaking every class and that’s how we get the grades.

I have no doubt I have got just as much chance to get the grades I want in A level at this other school, although there are certain things holding me back. such as having to be the new person all over again, potentially regretting it, and not having the chance to be head of photography ( something I really looked forward to potentially doing in sixth form at my current school, as it’s really useful for my career I’m interested in) due to being new to the school.

Overall I feel like the classes just seem to be a lot more modern and fun in this school but I just find myself really stuck between both schools. Because I find benefits to both. What should i do?
Write down a list of pros and cons and take it from there
Yeah ill definitely try that, thanks.
Move schools :smile:
I was almost on the same boat as you 2 years ago. The school I was at had a good reputation of great grades and I made a lot of friends there but at the back of my mind I always felt a bit like I wanted to move and also that, compared to schools my other friends were at, I felt like it obsessed over grades more than helping their students actually enjoy their time at school. I only decided the night before my results what I actually wanted to do.
In the end I moved and I loved my 6th form school! Not only was I able to stay in touch with my friends from my old school but I made new friends too! It was a big step and I was worried at first but when I moved I could really see the difference between the two schools and how different their teaching methods were and how this new school actually treated their sixth form students as adults.

I was nervous about being a new person too but I soon realised how many new people there actually were joining this school and thankfully I knew a few who already went. If you don’t know many from the school you are considering, trust me you will make so many new friends easy!
At the end of the day it is your decision and asking for advice from others also helps. Also my grades stayed just as high as they were in my old school too.

Good luck making your decision and good luck in your exams :smile: x
Thankyou, this helped so much. I actually have some best friends that go to the school I am considering moving to and I honestly think I would love it. Hearing your story makes me a lot more sure of myself. Thanks so much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending