ahmedosa
Badges: 10
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I Have finished my computer science degree and I think I study architecture in UK ,So can everyone give me advice and requirements to get applied how to get scholarship,and any useful information in study architecture
ccarchitect
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I am currently studying Architecture at UCL.
Studying architecture requires a lot of hard work and time. Most uni will require you to show them your portfolio, either digitally or physically. Some uni will also invite you to interviews. It really depends on the uni, different uni requires different things for portfolio, so it is important that you research well for each university and see which style of architecture course suits you better. Some uni cares more about your grades, while some look more at your portfolio and potentials. It is very hard to conclude advice for studying architecture in a few sentences since it really depends on the course, but in a nutshell, it is the most important to prepare your portfolio well as long as you have the passion for design.
ahmedosa
Rep:
I have asked a the dean of architecture department in my university and he told me that I have the talent in drawing homes and I was looking forward after I finished my computer science degree change my career to architecture. I was thinking about UCL like you but I find it expensive
I wish we can be friends and help each other
ccarchitect
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ahmedosa)
I have asked a the dean of architecture department in my university and he told me that I have the talent in drawing homes and I was looking forward after I finished my computer science degree change my career to architecture. I was thinking about UCL like you but I find it expensive
I wish we can be friends and help each other
May I ask where do you study now? Architecture course in general is a little more expensive I agree. If you want to get scholarship, it really depends on the university. For example, Cambridge scholarship depends on your grades and they also have interviews for scholarship application. For UCL, there's scholarships for architecture but it depends more on your portfolio and drawings rather than your grades. Maybe you can apply for bursary too?
ahmedosa
Rep:
I am from Egypt and wishing to study architecture in UK
and I am fresh graduation this year and want to start my career in architecture and I was looking in the first to apply in UCI university it's number one
LeLivre
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ccarchitect)
May I ask where do you study now? Architecture course in general is a little more expensive I agree. If you want to get scholarship, it really depends on the university. For example, Cambridge scholarship depends on your grades and they also have interviews for scholarship application. For UCL, there's scholarships for architecture but it depends more on your portfolio and drawings rather than your grades. Maybe you can apply for bursary too?
Hi! I’m an A level student thinking of applying for Architecture at UCL. I’ve looked at the site and they mention a portfolio, but I can’t seem to find a criteria for it? What kind of things should I include, what would they be looking for?
raniak123
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by ccarchitect)
Hi, I am currently studying Architecture at UCL.
Studying architecture requires a lot of hard work and time. Most uni will require you to show them your portfolio, either digitally or physically. Some uni will also invite you to interviews. It really depends on the uni, different uni requires different things for portfolio, so it is important that you research well for each university and see which style of architecture course suits you better. Some uni cares more about your grades, while some look more at your portfolio and potentials. It is very hard to conclude advice for studying architecture in a few sentences since it really depends on the course, but in a nutshell, it is the most important to prepare your portfolio well as long as you have the passion for design.
What A-levels did you do? because I want to study architecture at UCL and I'm doing Art, Photography and business. However I feel like my subjects aren't strong enough.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (8)
34.78%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (12)
52.17%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (3)
13.04%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (0)
0%

Watched Threads