Help! Can student finance be paid into a prepaid card.

Watch
This discussion is closed.
Anixxle
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Unfortunately im unable to get a bank account and need my student finance to be able to move out! Is there anyway it can be paid into a prepaid card like cashplus? Or is there any other way I can get my loan please help
Shenotalright
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes I heard they will pay into a prepaid bank card. Can you use your parents bank card btw?
Asr2002
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Did you solve it? I'm in the same position!
Quady
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Asr2002)
Did you solve it? I'm in the same position!
Just open a bank account its easier.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
No. Why can’t you use a bank account? And please don’t say Cifas.
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Quady)
Just open a bank account its easier.
In the OP it says..... "Unfortunately im unable to get a bank account".. presumably due to a fraud marker.

(Original post by Final Fantasy)
It's CIFAS. It's always CIFAS.
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by IWMTom)
In the OP it says..... "Unfortunately im unable to get a bank account".. presumably due to a fraud marker.

Bloody kids today bunch of fraudsters or suckers for ‘free’ money. :lol:
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Bloody kids today bunch of fraudsters or suckers for ‘free’ money. :lol:
There's never any "free" money.
username2825764
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago

it's never lupus
Final Fantasy
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Bio 7)
There's never any "free" money.
Yep, hence the quotes. 🤪
mnot
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Assuming it is a fraud marker, im honestly amazed at the amount of 18 year olds getting these things.
Obviously if you participate in a scam their will be repercussions, why are so many kids attempting it.
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by MalcolmX)
it's never lupus
Except that one time it was.
Quady
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
To assume....
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Quady)
To assume....
The assumption was supplementary.
Bio 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Yep, hence the quotes. 🤪
I was mocking the fraudsters.
Asr2002
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Yeah cifas. Guys I'm sorry, i made a mistake and my life is messed. My monzo was closes i go uni soon aswell. Could anyone help me?
Asr2002
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by mnot)
Assuming it is a fraud marker, im honestly amazed at the amount of 18 year olds getting these things.
Obviously if you participate in a scam their will be repercussions, why are so many kids attempting it.
I was 17 when I done it stupidly. I was just naive and tbh greedy. Never seen money like that in my life, didn't think for one second. Could you guys help me, where can I get an account? I need student finance england to get paid into it. I'm going to call Halifax soon, and challange the marker, I was told it was trading, I gave them my card and they did fraud scams, and they then threatened me not to call the bank. So I left it and they blocked me. But now I got a marker, I cant get an account anywhere, and I've been kinda feeling depressing and almost like my life doesn't matter anymore if I can't go university.
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Yeah cifas. Guys I'm sorry, i made a mistake and my life is messed. My monzo was closes i go uni soon aswell. Could anyone help me?
I was 17 when I done it stupidly. I was just naive and tbh greedy. Never seen money like that in my life, didn't think for one second. Could you guys help me, where can I get an account? I need student finance england to get paid into it. I'm going to call Halifax soon, and challange the marker, I was told it was trading, I gave them my card and they did fraud scams, and they then threatened me not to call the bank. So I left it and they blocked me. But now I got a marker, I cant get an account anywhere, and I've been kinda feeling depressing and almost like my life doesn't matter anymore if I can't go university.
You've been given a marker because the bank satisfied CIFAS with enough proof for the marker to be applied legitimately. It's not going anywhere.
mnot
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Yes, the other times I’ve seen this where people have described their fraud naive & stupid are often what get mentioned.

Realistically I think all you can do is try and find an account provider who does not check CIFAS (not sure how, I guess a lot of searching), and ride it out for 6 years.
Bio 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
With that story the mark will go nowhere and if you lie you are just digging a deeper hole if you get caught so I recommend you resign yourself to getting an account of some type with people that don't check for cifas markers if you do try about getting it undone.
Last edited by Bio 7; 6 months ago
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (15)
6.67%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
15.11%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (38)
16.89%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
15.11%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (60)
26.67%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (44)
19.56%

Watched Threads