The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anixxle
Unfortunately im unable to get a bank account and need my student finance to be able to move out! Is there anyway it can be paid into a prepaid card like cashplus? Or is there any other way I can get my loan please help

Can you not get one of those accounts, like Monzo?
Reply 61
Original post by Admit-One
A SFE rep answer this question within the last year: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6682998

"you must have a valid UK bank account to receive the funding"

Quite a few of these prepaid card suppliers provide unique account numbers now, in which case it'd be perfectly acceptable. It's only when a transaction requires a specific reference that it'd cause a problem.
Original post by anton31
Can you not get one of those accounts, like Monzo?

Monzo have started checking for cifas now since lots of people have started using it for fraud
Original post by IWMTom
Quite a few of these prepaid card suppliers provide unique account numbers now, in which case it'd be perfectly acceptable. It's only when a transaction requires a specific reference that it'd cause a problem.

If it's got a unique account number and sort code it's a valid UK bank account in my book.
Original post by shariz1442
Monzo have started checking for cifas now since lots of people have started using it for fraud

Has your Student loan been approved?
(edited 2 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending