The Student Room Group

Student finance

Good morning, hope everyone is well!

I have applied for student finance for my postgraduate course. I received my letter of entitlement for finance and although I sent my parents financial info as well, the amount of finance is lower than in previous years. Is that because I'm now a postgraduate??

Just wanted to ask for advice, thanks
Original post by exams 17
Good morning, hope everyone is well!

I have applied for student finance for my postgraduate course. I received my letter of entitlement for finance and although I sent my parents financial info as well, the amount of finance is lower than in previous years. Is that because I'm now a postgraduate??

Just wanted to ask for advice, thanks

What sort of postgraduate course are you taking?

When did you send your parents financial information?
Reply 2
Original post by PQ
What sort of postgraduate course are you taking?

When did you send your parents financial information?

I'm doing PGDE Primary Teaching - I sent it off 2 weeks ago, as SF asked for parents financial information
Original post by exams 17
I'm doing PGDE Primary Teaching - I sent it off 2 weeks ago, as SF asked for parents financial information

SFE have awarded you the basic amount quickly. It takes another 4-8 weeks for SFE to assess your household income. Once that’s done then they will adjust your loan amount upwards.
Reply 4
Original post by PQ
SFE have awarded you the basic amount quickly. It takes another 4-8 weeks for SFE to assess your household income. Once that’s done then they will adjust your loan amount upwards.

Awww okay perfect thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending